Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chris Jones  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2016 6:25:15 AM(UTC)
Chris Jones

Groups: Member

I'm trying to evaluate using Graphics Mill for an application that i'm working on. We are targeting printing so need to be able to generate CMYK images.

Does Graphics Mill support drawing gradients? I couldn't see anything in the documentation. I did see that you can fall back to GDI+ which does support gradients but it looks like it doesn't support keeping the image in CMYK colour space? Is this correct or is it possible to do what i'm after?

Thanks

Fedor  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2016 7:41:52 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Chris Jones wrote:
Does Graphics Mill support drawing gradients? I couldn't see anything in the documentation. I did see that you can fall back to GDI+ which does support gradients but it looks like it doesn't support keeping the image in CMYK colour space? Is this correct or is it possible to do what i'm after?

The current version (8.x) of the SDK doesn't support gradients, however, we implemented this feature in the branch of upcoming Graphics Mill 9. We plan to release the new version in 1-2 months.

BTW, what type of gradient do you need? Currently, we implemented the linear (1) and radial (2) gradients

Fedor attached the following image(s):
gradients.png
Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

Chris Jones  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2016 7:59:18 AM(UTC)
Chris Jones

Thank you for your prompt reply. Linear and radial gradients are likely to be all that we need. If we buy licenses for Graphics Mill this month, do we get to upgrade to version 9 for free when it is released?
Fedor  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2016 8:11:26 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Originally Posted by: Chris Jones Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for your prompt reply. Linear and radial gradients are likely to be all that we need. If we buy licenses for Graphics Mill this month, do we get to upgrade to version 9 for free when it is released?

Sure, the license of Graphics Mill includes 1-year maintenance subscriptions. It means that Graphics Mill's customers are eligible for free upgrades within 1 year after purchase.

Edited by user Thursday, June 9, 2016 8:12:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

Chris Jones  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 9, 2016 11:41:11 PM(UTC)
Chris Jones

Is there anywhere where we can see what new features will be in version 9 at all?

Are there any plans to implement gradient number 4? or gradients with multiple colours? (this isn't a showstopper, just curious).

Thanks

Fedor  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 12:30:43 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Is there anywhere where we can see what new features will be in version 9 at all?

The main improvement of Graphics Mill 9 is a real PDF support. You will be able to work not just with bitmaps, but also vector data. Graphics Mill 9 supports rasterization of PDF. You can modify and copy vector data to another PDF as well. The new PDF functionality will support all main color spaces - RGB, CMYK, grayscale.

To support PDF we had to implement multiple improvements in our drawing engine (gradient and pattern brushes, dotted and dashed pens).

Are there any plans to implement gradient number 4? or gradients with multiple colours? (this isn't a showstopper, just curious).

We will implement the gradient number 4 based on feedback from our customers. The gradients with multiple colors will be supported in the first public release of Graphics Mill 9.

Edited by user Friday, June 10, 2016 12:31:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

thanks 1 user thanked Fedor for this useful post.
Chris Jones on 6/10/2016(UTC)