Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nokturnal  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2016 4:53:09 PM(UTC)
nokturnal

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
First off, I am brand new GrahphicsMill and new to the print world... a programmer forced into creating print ready files...

Essentially this is what I am doing.. I am opening an existing CMYK TIFF, adding a rectangle filled with a CMYK colour (which I sampled earlier in photoshop from the same file i just opened in code) and saving it out as a new file... It just doesn't work (ignore the lines on the left side): Click here to download image

Code:
bitmap = new Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap(System.IO.Path.Combine(new string[] { basePath, "assets", "blah.tif" }));

Directory.CreateDirectory("output");

using (var graphics = bitmap.GetAdvancedGraphics())
{
    graphics.FillRectangle(new SolidBrush(new CmykColor(12, 95, 84, 2)), new System.Drawing.Rectangle(bitmap.Width / 2, 0, bitmap.Width, bitmap.Height));
    bitmap.Save(@"output\out.tiff", new Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Codecs.TiffSettings { Compression = Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Codecs.CompressionType.None });
}                  

I am sure this is easy for someone that knows Photoshop + CMYK... but for a lowly dev like myself this is greek...

If more info or sample files are needed, please let me know... Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Edited by moderator Tuesday, March 22, 2016 3:31:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added text

Fedor  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2016 4:28:11 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Could you send us the blah.tif file? It should help us to understand the issue better.
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
nokturnal  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2016 5:18:20 AM(UTC)
nokturnal

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
... it was my issue ...

I was directly putting the CMYK PERCENTAGE values from the Photoshop colour picker instead of translating those to a bit. After the conversion, everything seems to work:

so after some math...

Quote:
255 * .12 = 30.6
255 * .95 = 242.25
255 * .84 = 214.2
255 * .02 = 5.1

... this

Quote:
new CmykColor(12, 95, 84, 2)

... becomes

Quote:
new CmykColor(31, 242, 214, 5)

This spawns a decent question though, is there a built in way to handle this conversion?
Fedor  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2016 8:28:06 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
nokturnal wrote:
This spawns a decent question though, is there a built in way to handle this conversion

There is no a built-in method for this conversion, so you need to implement your own function.

We will consider to implement it in the further releases (Aurigma Bug #0021960).

Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov