Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stefan Haupt  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2007 2:14:12 AM(UTC)
Stefan Haupt

Groups: Member

On the development machines everything works just fine. When moving to the test sites we get the problem. Everything works but the image is not shown, i.e. the image can be manipulated and the BitmapViewer actually contains the image (as the save process works correctly).

The urls looking likes this E5A137A26E1B453D9CD7FF4F9D54D5EA.aspx?.... work fine on the dev. machines and show the expected image, on the test sites we get a status code 404....

Web.config is the same, IIS settings are the same....

What are we missing?

Regards

Sergey Peshekhonov  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2007 2:24:22 PM(UTC)
Sergey Peshekhonov

Groups:

Hello, Stefan.

First of all you should check the following:

Whether does the user under which IIS is running have read and write permissions for App_Data\GraphicsMillAjaxCache\PublicCache and App_Data\GraphicsMillAjaxCache\PrivateCache folders? In these folders you may found temporary images which are loaded to the web page by BitmapViewer.

So, you just need to set read/write permissions for these folders.

Sincerely yours,

Sergey Peshekhonov.

Aurigma Technical Support Team.

Stefan Haupt  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2007 5:23:29 PM(UTC)
Stefan Haupt

No, access rights do not seem to be the problem.

If i deny read access to the public folder on the dev. machine, I get an access violation like this:

Code:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException was unhandled by user code
  Message="Access to the path '......\GraphicsMillAjaxCache\\Public\\0dfb9df4-a59a-4a72-b800-a98fa27e7e0f.jpg' is denied."
  Source="mscorlib"
  StackTrace:
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
       at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
       at System.Web.HttpResponse.WriteFile(String filename, Boolean readIntoMemory)
       at System.Web.HttpResponse.WriteFile(String filename)
       at ASP.e5a137a26e1b453d9cd7ff4f9d54d5ea_aspx.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in http://server//Dating2007/E5A137A26E1B453D9CD7FF4F9D54D5EA.aspx:line 20
       at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

but the image will still be shown, no red x's.

The problem seems to be with locating the aspx file in the iframe (urls like this E5A137A26E1B453D9CD7FF4F9D54D5EA.aspx)....

Looking those up will return a 404 and it seems as if this happens before the image is even touched. When I remove the parameter from the url and just call the aspx file, I still get a 404.

When I try the same thing on the development machines i get an nullreference exception like this:

Code:
System.NullReferenceException was unhandled by user code
  Message="Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
  Source="Aurigma.GraphicsMill.AjaxControls"
  StackTrace:
       at Aurigma.GraphicsMill.AjaxControls.FileCache.ValidateFileName(String fileName)
       at Aurigma.GraphicsMill.AjaxControls.FileCache.GetAbsolutePublicCachePath(String fileName)
       at ASP.e5a137a26e1b453d9cd7ff4f9d54d5ea_aspx.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in http://server//Dating2007/E5A137A26E1B453D9CD7FF4F9D54D5EA.aspx:line 20
       at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)....

The main difference seem to be that the aspx file is not found in production....

Regards

<stefan>

Edited by user Monday, December 17, 2007 9:51:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sergey Peshekhonov  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 30, 2007 10:00:47 PM(UTC)
Sergey Peshekhonov

Groups:

Hello, Stefan.

We tried to reproduce your problem, but without any success. Could you submit case with code sample which reproduces the problem?

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:11:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,

Sergey Peshekhonov.

Aurigma Technical Support Team.

Stefan Haupt  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2007 9:43:36 PM(UTC)
Stefan Haupt

I don't believe this to be a code issue. I suspect a configuration problem. Is there a way to test the configuration, i.e.:

- ajax is installed and working

- aurigma is installed and working/licensed....

Regards

Stefan Haupt  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2007 6:52:02 PM(UTC)
Stefan Haupt

The problem is not access rights. We have given 'everyone' 'full control' til the public cache folder and the result is still a red x...

Best regards

Stefan Haupt  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2007 9:53:49 PM(UTC)
Stefan Haupt

Further digging showns that all machines use E5A137A26E1B453D9CD7FF4F9D54D5EA.aspx as the content provider for the iframe.

This url works fine on the development machines but returns a 404 on the test and production machines. Why?

Regards

Dmitry  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2007 10:59:29 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello Stefan,

Have you tried to set public and private cache up as I advised you in the email?

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!