Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Loose Cannon  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2007 2:44:32 AM(UTC)
Loose Cannon

Groups: Member

I just started using Graphics Mill. Everything I've done thus far has been very straightforward with one exception.

The following line executes quickly. The image is a 2550x3300 pixel 24-bit TIFF file.
Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap bitmap=new Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap(filename);

The following line executes very slowly. It's basically just creating a duplicate Bitmap (without the image data) with the same size and pixel format as 'bitmap'.
Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap bitmapFinal=new Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap(Aurigma.GraphicsMill.RgbColor.White,bitmap.Width,bitmap.Height,Aurigma.GraphicsMill.PixelFormat.Format24bppRgb);

Any idea why the above line would execute so slowly? I have tried several variations but it's only when I specify the color that it runs so slowly. For example...

The following line executes quickly. The only difference is that I didn't specify a default color.
Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap bitmapFinal=new Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap(bitmap.Width,bitmap.Height,bitmap.PixelFormat);

I've also tried drawing 'bitmap' into 'bitmapFinal' with a copy operation. That executed quickly (which indicates that memory bandwidth isn't the problem.)

Lastly, I have tried simply creating the Bitmap without specifying the color and then performing a Bitmap::Clear() on it (to specify the fill color that I would have denoted in the constructor.) In that case the Clear() function executes very slowly.

Any ideas?

- LC
Alex Kon  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2007 1:42:01 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello,

Yes, we confirm that issue. It has already been fixed in our development version and this fix will be included into the upcoming release. If it is critical for you please submit case and we will find the most appropriate solution for you.

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 6:39:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified