Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ssjdoob  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 5:37:40 AM(UTC)
ssjdoob

Groups: Member

I implemented the flash uploader and it works fine locally. On the server, it does not. I've attached a screen shot.

The interesting thing is that, on my work machine, right before the error popped up, an ie authentication window popped up first asking for what seemed like my proxy password. This did not happen when I tried it at home.

Thanks,
Dru

Edited by user Thursday, October 28, 2010 5:39:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ssjdoob attached the following image(s):
flashuploader.JPG
ssjdoob  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 11:37:34 AM(UTC)
ssjdoob

Also, where can I get version 1.0.2? I see that you have that version on your API page, but when I download it, I still get the 1.0.0 version when I look at the details of the dll. I'm trying to set EnableDescription and EnableImageRotation to false and it won't compile when I do so.
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 9:14:16 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Dru,

Thank you for posting your question.

To resolve your problem in timely manner, could you provide me with a link to your site (login/password if any) where the problem occurs please? If you do not want to post this data on public forum, you are able to submit a support ticket.

As for version number. Thanks for noting this. It is a mistake – we will correct it. Actually, the current version of Flash Uploader is 1.0.2, and it is available on our site. I tried the both properties: EnableDescription, and EnableImageRotation:
Code:
 <ListView EnableDescription = "false" EnableImageRotation = "false"/>

They worked okay. Please clear browser cache, and try it once again.

Edited by moderator Monday, December 6, 2010 4:51:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.
ssjdoob  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 3, 2010 11:28:59 AM(UTC)
ssjdoob

I figured out what was causing the problem. The folder where the page is located, that uses the Flash Image Uploader, is in a restricted area that only allows authorized users to access the pages it contains. I have a web.config file in that directory like this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">
    <system.web>
        <authorization>
            <allow roles="RoleName" />
            <deny users="*" />
            <deny users="?" />
        </authorization>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

For some reason the Flash Image Uploader gets restricted by this as well. So by adding the code below, just below the </system.web> element, I was able to allow all users access the upload page which fixes the uploading problem with the flash uploader. I just handle the user's authorization in the page_load method in the upload page itself.

Code:
<location path="UploadPhotos.aspx">
    <system.web>
        <authorization>
            <allow users="*" />
        </authorization>
    </system.web>
</location>

Edited by moderator Monday, December 6, 2010 4:52:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified