Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pgoode  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2010 11:30:43 AM(UTC)
pgoode

Groups: Member

I am using Graphics Mill to import images into an application and render various thumbnails, but disappointed with the quality of the thumbnails. Is there a method to increasing the quality of the images that GM renders?

In low quality JPEG's, for example, a lower quality image shows 'visual noise' around details.

If anyone could point me to a solution, I would appreciate it. Reviewing the documentation for Aurigma did not specify anything about optimization (outside of lossless JPEG, which I still need to investigate).

Thanks in advance.

Alex Kon  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2010 8:47:11 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Groups:

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello,

As I understand, you just load and resize images - and not satisfied with the quality of resulting image? In that case I recommend you to try to vary interpolation quality during resize. You can find more details in our documentation, starting from this article: Resizing Images.

Feel free to post here if you will not get appropriate quality after the tests. Or, better, add an support case and attach sample of code you used. Resize quality is very important for us and we haven't heard about any issues in the latest release yet. So, I'm a bit alerted by your request.

By the wasy, Lossless JPEG is not option for you if you are using Graphics Mill to resize images. Its only about rotate/flip/crop operations.