Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dkocherhans  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2009 4:03:27 AM(UTC)
dkocherhans

Groups: Member

Hello,

Image Uploader is a great tool. Thanks!

I am wondering if there is away to configure Image Uploader to allow the same file to be added to the upload pane more than once. I know this requirement sounds strange as you normally want to prevent duplication in uploads, but our application is an online slideshow builder where we present the upload pane to the user and ask them to add and arrange photos in the order they want them to appear in the finished slideshow, then upload the photos to our servers to create the slideshow. In some cases, a user will want to use the same photo more than once in the same slideshow (say at the beginning AND the end), so I would like to allow the user to add the same photo to the upload pane more than once so it can appear in the slideshow more than once.

Can this be done?

Thanks

Edited by user Wednesday, December 23, 2009 4:05:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2009 2:43:53 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

Unfortunately it cannot be done with Image Uploader Dual. It prevents users from adding duplicates to upload pane and there is no way to disable this functionality.

At the beginning of the next year we are releasing Flash version of our upload solution. This eddition will allow to upload duplicates.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!