Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ChingYen  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2009 8:45:19 AM(UTC)
ChingYen

Groups: Member

Hi,

We are trying to resize the photo to a 3456 pixel x 3456 pixel size. But, seems like we failed to do so even on a 4GB Ram (Well, 3GB as we are using 32 bit XP) PC. It gave the error code of Unable to commit memory.

As from the calculation, this file should only take approx 35MB, but how it could fail to commit memory?

Code:
44:         Dim _ResizeTransform As Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Transforms.Resize
45:         System.GC.Collect()
46:         _ResizeTransform = New Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Transforms.Resize(CSng(Image.Width * tmpScale), CSng(Image.Height * tmpScale))
47:         System.GC.Collect()
48:         _ResizeTransform.CropEnabled = True
49:         _ResizeTransform.CropRectangle = cropRectangle
50:         System.GC.Collect()
51:         _ResizeTransform.ApplyTransform(Image)
52:         System.GC.Collect()
53:         _ResizeTransform.Dispose()
54:         System.GC.Collect()

Please advice.
tcrosbie  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2009 11:27:18 AM(UTC)
tcrosbie

Groups: Member

I've had an issue with this as well. As I understand it from some conversations with Dmitry, if the free memory is not linear then you will run into this problem, regardless of whether this is actually enough free memory.

A GC.Collect will clear the memory, but does not rearrange or optimise the free space. This is definately an Aurigma issue. I've had similar issues with saving Aurigma Bitmaps, if I use the function to convert the bitmap to a GDI bitmap and then save, the problem doesn't happen.

Sorry not really a solution, but more of an explanation. Hopefully this memory issue will be addressed soon. Given camera manufactures propensity for increasing megapixel ratings, in a rather macho, 'well mine is bigger than yours' mentality, this problem is only going to get worse.