Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cpav  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2008 4:47:54 PM(UTC)
cpav

Groups: Member

Hi,

we have a BitmapViewer control on which we load pictures. After this, we add some Vobjects like rectangle, line, polyline, text as you can see in file attached. We would like to print the pictures and the Vobjects as we see it in attached file. If for example there was a method like '.Brand()', then the Vobjects would be branded on the native picture and we could have 1 picture with 'branded' or 'drawn' Vobjects on picture.

How we can do this?
cpav attached the following image(s):
sample.jpg
Alex Kon  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2008 1:34:33 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello,

Please take look at the RenderWorkspace(...) method of the VObjectsRubberband - it renders all images on the transparend background. And you can blend the output of this method with the original image to get VObjects drawn.

Another way is to iterate all necessary VObjects and call IVObject.Draw(...) method of each of them. This requires additional code to be written but it will be a bit quicker. So if you are not satisfied with the RenderWorkspace(...) method, you can use this way. Feel free to post a line here if you have any additional questions.
cpav  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:38:28 PM(UTC)
cpav

Hi Alex,

well i tried the RenderWorkspace method and the Vobject image is too big, much bigger than the image in BitmapViewer.

Anyway, i think is better to try 2nd method. But can you please give me a sample code in vb .net about for example how to add a rectangle(50,50,100,100) with color red and a also a line with color yellow? Well, if i can have code for those 2, i have something to work on for the rest ones....
When i say sample code, suppose the image is already loaded in BitmapViewer control, and i know all required details for each Vobject i want to draw them on the BitmapViewer.Bitmap.
Dmitry  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 2:31:29 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

What resolution do you pass into RenderWorkspace method? It should be the same value as the resolution of the image loaded into BitmapViewer.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
cpav  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 4:51:54 PM(UTC)
cpav

Hi Dmitry,

well you have been right about this i had this code initially

Code:
        Dim newBitmap As Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap
        newBitmap = VObjectsRubberband1.RenderWorkspace(_
                              BitmapViewer1.Bitmap.HorizontalResolution)
        newBitmap.Save("C:\1.tif")

The file saved had 334 MB !!!!
So i added a line and now i have this code(notice the Resize) and i get correct resolution and size:

Code:
        Dim newBitmap As Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap
         newBitmap = VObjectsRubberband1.RenderWorkspace( _
                              BitmapViewer1.Bitmap.HorizontalResolution)
         newBitmap.Transforms.Resize(BitmapViewer1.Bitmap.Width, _   
                              BitmapViewer1.Bitmap.Height)
         newBitmap.Save("C:\1.tif")

I do not know, if i have to do something different in RenderWorkSpace method, if u have better idea(to avoid resize for performance)...please provide, but for the moment saved file has everything correct.

Now i need to blend the image(initial file) and the Vobject-created file so i have a bitmap with 'branded annotation' ON the image, ready to be printed. Can you please send that code for blend?

"And you can blend the output of this method with the original image to get VObjects drawn." How to do this with code?
Dmitry  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 7, 2008 11:05:25 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

You can pass 96.0 (monitor resolution) as resolution parameter into RenderWorkspace method. It should allow you to avoid resize operation.
Quote:
Now i need to blend the image(initial file) and the Vobject-created file so i have a bitmap with 'branded annotation' ON the image, ready to be printed. Can you please send that code for blend?

Please, read Overlaying Images as reference for your task.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 29, 2008 3:13:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!