Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Richard O'Neil  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2006 3:38:08 AM(UTC)
Richard O'Neil

Groups: Member

Hi

I am currently reviewing your component for possible use as a replacement for our current upload component. I was wondering if there is a way to have the component keep the files that are chosen (keep them checked), if another control on the page causes a PostBack (say a SelectedIndexChange on a DropDownList).

Thanks for any guidance or suggestions.

- Richard

Fedor  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 2, 2006 12:25:16 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hello Richard,

Quote:
I am currently reviewing your component for possible use as a replacement for our current upload component. I was wondering if there is a way to have the component keep the files that are chosen (keep them checked), if another control on the page causes a PostBack (say a SelectedIndexChange on a DropDownList).

First of all I should clear that Image Uploader is an ActiveX control, and for example DropDownList is an ASP.NET server control. Support of page state is feature of ASP.NET controls only.

Image Uploader can not keep the files that are chosen after page reloading due security reasons. I see several workarounds in this case:

1. You can try to avoid the entire page reloading on DropDownList SelectedIndexChange event using some AJAX techniques.

2. You can contact us at sales@aurigma.com to order the custom version of Image Uploader, which will keep the files that are chosen, but will be hard way bound to your domain name.

I also want to add that you should specify in Image Uploader Action property the other page than hosts the control. Otherwise you will receive the problem with viewstate corruption.

View post

========================================================

02/19/2008, Fedor

Additional info

In recent versions of Image Uploader we have added support of restoring upload pane content.

========================================================

Edited by user Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:59:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov