Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BrAiNumbc  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 7, 2014 8:02:43 AM(UTC)
BrAiNumbc

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have a simple GIF image with a white background that I want to upload with image uploader flash 8.

Is there a way to create a transparency during the upload or in the handling of the upload?

I thought maybe I could use the ThumbnailBgColor but it doesn't seem to work. Apparently this is only used for making sure you KEEP an existing transparency for a thumbnail? Correct?

<cc3:Converter ThumbnailBgColor="#FFFFFF" Mode="*.*=Thumbnail" ThumbnailHeight="150" ThumbnailWidth="1000" ThumbnailFitMode="Fit" />

Here's how I'm handling it once it's uploaded in vb.net/asp.net

Dim tfile As Aurigma.ImageUploader.ConvertedFile = uploadedfile.ConvertedFiles(0)
Dim bytes As Byte() = br.ReadBytes(DirectCast(fs.Length, Long))

Then I use the bytes array to store it as an image in SQL server as an image type.

Nothing I do seems to be able to add a transparency or alpha information to an image.

Is this correct? Is there absolutely no way to do this with image uploader flash 8?
Andrew  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 8, 2014 10:52:34 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Unfortunately, the uploader cannot do it. However you can process the image on the server using some imaging SDK, for example, our Graphics Mill (www.graphicsmill.com/).

With Graphics Mill you can load the GIF file as a 8-bit palette-based image and specify what palette entry should be considered to be transparent. Please let me know if you need a code example for it.