Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nhelman  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2004 8:37:00 AM(UTC)
nhelman

Groups: Member

I'm using the 2.71 eval version of Graphics Mill 2.0. I registered; you have my money. I went to the link provided to unlock the object, and it doesn't appear to be correct. The instructions say to go to Components to select "Aurigma Graphics Mill 2.0", and that after doing so, the Licensing object will appear on the component toolbar. First, this is not in Components, it is in References. Second, the Licensing component doesn't appear; I did find it in the "Insertable Objects" in the Components dialog. Third, the instructions indicate that the only property of the Licensing class is "Key"; this property does not exist. Fourth, I've sent three emails to [email removed] to find out what the problem is and whether or not there is something I need to do differently.

Please respond, here and/or by email.

Thank you,
Neal Helman
nhelman@5thTradition.com
5th Tradition Software, Inc.

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 10:32:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andrew  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2004 12:05:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hello Neal,

As Licensing is a control (non-visual), that's why you need to put reference in Components section. If there is no such entry in the components list, it is likely the problem described at this post:

http://www.aurigma.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=219

Please let me know if you still have problems.

> Fourth, I've sent three emails to [email removed] to find out what the problem is and whether or not there is something I need to do differently.

We have received only one message today... It seems something was wrong with e-mail server. Please excuse us for inconvenience.

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 10:35:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nhelman  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2004 12:23:00 PM(UTC)
nhelman

Andrew:

Thank you for responding so promptly once you did find out about the issue. The steps in the post you mentioned worked. My control is now behaving as a registered control. I'd like to suggest that a link to that post be added to the page giving the licensing instructions (or more prominently if I missed it).

I put a receipt request for both delivery and reading on the last email I'd sent, and it apparently did get delivered. I never received a receipt indicating that it had be read, though.

Anyway, thank you for pointing me to a resolution of the issue.

Neal
Andrew  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2004 12:53:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

If you have any other problems, please feel free to contact us again.
bugware  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 7, 2006 5:47:26 AM(UTC)
bugware

After workign with Graphics Mill 2.0 successfully for several projects, when I start a new one I have the EXACT same problem as Neal below. Your support mentioned checking out the following link, which Neal reported helped. It no longer seems to be a valid link, however, can you provide help or a valid link? Thanks in advance.

Mitch

http://www.aurigma.com/F...ShowPost.aspx?PostID=219

Quote:
nhelman (2/26/2004)
I'm using the 2.71 eval version of Graphics Mill 2.0. I registered; you have my money. I went to the link provided to unlock the object, and it doesn't appear to be correct. The instructions say to go to Components to select "Aurigma Graphics Mill 2.0", and that after doing so, the Licensing object will appear on the component toolbar. First, this is not in Components, it is in References. Second, the Licensing component doesn't appear; I did find it in the "Insertable Objects" in the Components dialog. Third, the instructions indicate that the only property of the Licensing class is "Key"; this property does not exist. Fourth, I've sent three emails to [email removed] to find out what the problem is and whether or not there is something I need to do differently.

Please respond, here and/or by email.

Thank you,
Neal Helman
nhelman@5thTradition.com
5th Tradition Software, Inc.

Edited by user Friday, May 23, 2008 3:38:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mitch
Andrew  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 7, 2006 10:05:32 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Hi Mitch,

View post

Please let me know if you still have any problems with it.
bugware  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2006 12:46:51 AM(UTC)
bugware

Quote:
Andrew (7/8/2006)
Hi Mitch,

View post

Please let me know if you still have any problems with it.

Thanks for the help. Now, at least, there is a place in the properties box to enter the license key. Now, however, after such a long time I cannot find the license number sent to me by email.

I've created 2 applications with the Graphics Mill, but why now must I enter the license number again? Will I need this for every other App I create on this PC? Seems like once it's registered legally, then I shouldn't have to go through this again.

Can you send my number again? If not, can you tell me who would have emailed it, or what the subject would have been on the email so I can search for it in my archives.

thanks in advance, please help ASAP.

Mitch

Mitch
bugware  
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2006 12:41:53 AM(UTC)
bugware

No urgency now, though I'd still like to get the unlock key number. The workaround to start a new project with a working Bitmapviewer is to open an existing project that has the licensed Bitmapviewer, save the project under a different name, then strip out all of the other controls in that VB6 project. Now you don't have to mess with the key and unlock number. Not the ideal way to do it, but this got me by while waiting for support.

Graphics Mill is an excellent tool, though this pesky little problem along with the difficulty in distribution diminish its overall value. Hope you can address these issues.

thanks much,
Mitch
Mitch
Dmitry  
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2006 8:26:05 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello Mitch,

Could you submit case with number of order or name of your company? We will reply to your mail with your license key.

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 10:39:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!