Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DSCarl  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2006 11:20:19 PM(UTC)
DSCarl

Groups: Member

Hello,

I have ImageUploader(IU) 3.5 working fine on IE 6.0 (Win XP) but I am having some authentication issue when I try to use it on firefox.

The GUI displays fine, but during the upload process, I get a messagebox that prompts me for a domain name, login name and password. At the top of this messagebox, the title reads "Localhost requires an authentication". When I enter these required items, this box disappears but the default (IU) Upload messagebox goes in a loop and re-display the messagebox that prompts for the same domain, login and password.

I am thinking that this might have something to do with Firefox .

Can someone please help asap? Thanks.

Fedor  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2006 11:38:31 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Quote:
I have ImageUploader(IU) 3.5 working fine on IE 6.0 (Win XP) but I am having some authentication issue when I try to use it on firefox.

The GUI displays fine, but during the upload process, I get a messagebox that prompts me for a domain name, login name and password. At the top of this messagebox, the title reads "Localhost requires an authentication".

It seems you use authentication on localhost.

Image Uploader for ActiveX uses the Internet Explorer data transmission mechanism. Internet Explorer sends authentication credentials for Intranet zone authomatically by default. Sure localhost in Intranet zone.

Image Uploader for Java also supports different types of authentication, but it doesn't send credentials authomatically. That's why it asks for login and password.

Quote:
When I enter these required items, this box disappears but the default (IU) Upload messagebox goes in a loop and re-display the messagebox that prompts for the same domain, login and password.

We will check it, and let you know.
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
DSCarl  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 11, 2006 3:17:50 AM(UTC)
DSCarl

Thanks for the reply and I will be waiting.

Regards,
DSCarl.
Alex Makhov  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2006 12:29:02 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello,

We have fixed this issue and the new changes will be available in the next release.
Sincerely yours,
Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!