Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dennis_F  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:02:20 PM(UTC)
Dennis_F

Groups: Member

I'm using the demo version of the ImageUploader component. When I run any of the demos, it never seems to remember that the ActiveX control has already been installed. Each time I load the page, it prompts me to install the control again. Also, after installing it prompts me to restart my computer. If I say "no" to the restart, the control still loads normally.

This behavior does NOT occur if I browse the online demo on the website.

Any ideas?

Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 1:32:29 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Hello Dennis,

The reason of the problem is in Image Uploader version. You should set the explicit version number of Image Uploader control you are using. For example if the current version of Image Uploader on your site is 3,5,124,0 you must use the following code:

Code:
iu.activeXControlVersion = "3,5,124,0";

So if you download the new version of the control you must update the version number in your page code.

Sincerely yours,

Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!

Dennis_F  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:00:24 PM(UTC)
Dennis_F

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Alex. It turns out that I was in fact specifying the correct version, however there was a conflict with a previous version which had installed when I visited the online demo page.

The version I was testing with was .133, however I already had .124 installed. Once I removed the .124 version (by deleting it from C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\) my problem went away.