Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
alanfox70  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2005 1:53:09 PM(UTC)
alanfox70

Groups: Member

Is it possible to upload images to a server and store the images filenames into a database that it is in a different server?

I mean:

Sever 1: It has image uploader license and has the database in which I'd like to store the image filename. In other words, this server will have the index.html or the index.php file which handles the image uploader client-side.

Server 2: It will store the images in its hard drive. In other words will have the upload.cfm or upload.php file which handles the upload script.

I know how to upload images to Sever 2 and store the image filenames in a database located at server2. BUT, what I dont know is how to upload images to Server 2 and store the image filename in a database that it is located at Server 1.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!
Fedor  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2005 9:32:42 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hello,

Quote:
alanfox70 (9/30/2005)

I know how to upload images to Sever 2 and store the image filenames in a database located at server2. BUT, what I dont know is how to upload images to Server 2 and store the image filename in a database that it is located at Server 1.

If both servers are in one local network why not just connect to database via network and save files via network share?
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
alanfox70  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2005 10:24:45 PM(UTC)
alanfox70

Groups: Member

Fedor,

Thank you for your response, but the servers are in different networks. Do you have a solutions for this?

Thanks!
Fedor  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2005 10:39:49 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hello,

Quote:
alanfox70 (10/4/2005)
Thank you for your response, but the servers are in different networks. Do you have a solutions for this?

I think you can still try to connect to database server via internet in case when required ports on internet routers are not closed. As for connecting to other server for file saving you can follow several ways: FTP, network share via VPN and so on. On other side for accessng DB an file storage you can use web services.

I also want to add that transfering files from one server to other can take a lot of time and it will cause client answer delay. So way may be it make sence to implement file transfer from one server asyncronous. In this case the file transfer from server to server will be postponed, after uploading files from Image Uploader to server. You can use long-running service or daemon for it.
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov