Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fashiongps  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 7:48:04 AM(UTC)
fashiongps

Groups: Member

Hi, is there any know issue with the Java/ActiveX Basic demo?

I tried both your hosted demo as well as setting it up in our local environment, and, though it says the files were uploaded, Images are NOT uploaded.

In my local tests with the PHP version, I can see $_FILES is empty, while $_POST contains the information for the submitted files.

On the other hand, the Flash/HTML5 demo works fine.

fashiongps  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 7:59:00 AM(UTC)
fashiongps

Groups: Member

I turned on debugging mode locally, and got this on the debugging panel:

using proxy: null

[js_info] Applet is not ready. Waiting...

warning: sending request without files.

uploading to http://example.com/uploa...PHP/BasicDemo/upload.php

using proxy: null

warning: sending request without files.

upload completed successfully. Response page:

<br />

<b>Notice</b>: Undefined offset: 0 in <b>/Example/uploader/Samples_ImageUploaderPHP/BasicDemo/upload.php</b> on line <b>30</b><br />

<br />

<b>Notice</b>: Undefined variable: sourceFileName in <b>/Example/uploader/Samples_ImageUploaderPHP/BasicDemo/upload.php</b> on line <b>45</b><br />

Andrew  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 8:50:08 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
What Java version you use? It looks like that if you don't update it to the latest version, it blocks LiveConnect (i.e. access from/to JavaScript).

UPDATE:

It will work even with old Java with security level = Medium. However I recommend updating to Java 7 update 45 (http://www.java.com/verify). Although it will display an additional security dialog which is quite annoying, it is more safe. We are going to release new update in a few days which will hopefully eliminate it.

Edited by user Sunday, October 20, 2013 8:58:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andrew  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 9:51:18 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Here is more extended information about this issue:

1. To be able to work with Java Uploader correctly (in particular, configure whether to upload original files, thumbnails, etc), the Java applet should have two-way access to JavaScript. The technology which allows Java applet to communicate with the page where it is hosted through JavaScript is called LiveConnect.

2. LiveConnect is blocked on Java 7 update 45 if the security level is "Very High".

3. LiveConnect is blocked on older Javas if the security level is "High" or "Very High".

4. The default security level is "High".

5. Java 7 update 45 requires applet to specify the location of all HTML/JavaScript which will access to the LiveConnect during the compile time. Without it, additional security dialog appears on the page with the uploader before the LiveConnect is initialized. We are working on the update which will include this location, hopefully it will accept the wildcard. We expect to release it on this week.

6. Oracle's update policy is very hostile to old versions of Java. So it is easy to imagine that they will block applets withouth the attribute specifying the location of JavaScript instead of displaying a security warning. So it is a good idea to use as fresh Java uploader version as possible.