Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rb  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2013 6:28:05 AM(UTC)
rb

Groups: Member

Hello,

I am developing an application in powershell to interact with a web form (client-side) using Internet Explorer via COM. Does the ActiveX uploader control expose any methods/API's to allow me to interact with it? Specifically, I need to simulate what a user would normally do when using the uploader - select one or more files, start the upload, and detect success/failure.

I did find some documentation on the ActiveX object and classes, but did not see any examples.

Thank you for any help/advice.
Robert
Andrew  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 7:48:20 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
To tell the truth, we never tried to access the uploader through Powershell. However I guess, you should be able to use the same methods, properties and events which are available through JavaScript.

The only issue is that due to the security reasons we have limited the API and it is not possible to programmatically add files to the upload list. Otherwise, it could be possible to use uploader to "steal" files without user's knowledge.

However we can create a custom private-label version which will have AddFile(string filePath) method. This version will be able upload files only to your server, so it should be safe enough. If you are interested, please contact us at sales@aurigma.com or through the help desk system and we will discuss it in details.