Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pdruce@oztion.com.au  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 4, 2013 5:49:57 PM(UTC)
pdruce@oztion.com.au

Groups: Member

Hi,

I am using the plugin to upload photos and have them received by an ajax method. We allow 20 files to be uploaded maximum. However, unless the user breaches that in more than 1 upload session, the plugin has no way of knowing how many files have been uploaded, so the user can essentially upload as many files as they want.

Is there a way to pass values to the uploader so we can change the amount of files it can upload dynamically?
vitaly  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 4, 2013 9:04:00 PM(UTC)
vitaly

Groups:

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi,

There is a way to get number of uploaded files through Uploader.Progress Event. Please read about the event in the documentation topic:
http://www.aurigma.com/d..._E_Uploader_Progress.htm
Best regards,
Vitaly Kustov
Aurigma Technical Support
pdruce@oztion.com.au  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 4, 2013 10:33:11 PM(UTC)
pdruce@oztion.com.au

Groups: Member

I had a look at that, but its more about going back the other way. So having my app tell the aurigma plugin how many files have been uploaded so that it can restrict the next batch from being the max.

Say my max upload is 20 files.

Then a user uses aurigma to upload 7 files. I need the plugin to now know that the max uploadable files stands at 13 on the next time that they use it.

If a user removes some files from, the uploaded list, then it should increment the max for the plugin. So in the example, should I delete 3 files, I should have the max changed to 16.
vitaly  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2013 1:02:35 AM(UTC)
vitaly

Groups:

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi,

I have an idea how you can implement the logic.
When your client use uploader first time, you set restrictions.maxFileCount property to 20. After the upload complete you store files count in some persistent storage (I.e. 7 is stored in your DataBase). When user try to use uploader another time, you set restrictions.maxFileCount property to (20-7) = 13.

restrictions.maxFileCount property page in our documentation: http://www.aurigma.com/docs/us8/JA_P_J_$au_restrictions_maxFileCount.htm
Best regards,
Vitaly Kustov
Aurigma Technical Support