Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
numbskull  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 12:16:39 AM(UTC)
numbskull

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi guys,

I have a question:

Is there an event in JS where-in I can detect a user chooses multi/single image(s) in the Aurigma uploader? Seems I cannot find that event in the API docs.

Basically what I'm trying to achieve is that I want to catch that event so that I can straight away hide the upload button and if user chooses images, it will automatically call the actionUrl.

Thank you.
p.shirykalova  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 12:53:08 AM(UTC)
p.shirykalova

Groups:

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hi Ken,

I think you might use instant upload feature - upload files once they are added to the upload pane, without clicking on Upload button.
Please have a look at our online demo and follow our guide to implement this feature.

As for event and detecting any info about selected images, please use our client-side events.
To detect how many files are added to upload pane please use beforeUpload event:
Code:
function beforeUpload()
    {
      var count=$au.imageUploader("Uploader1").files().count();

if (count ...
    };

Ken, please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Best regards,
Pauline Shirykalova
Aurigma Technical Support
numbskull  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 1:52:44 AM(UTC)
numbskull

p.shirykalova wrote:
Hi Ken,

I think you might use instant upload feature - upload files once they are added to the upload pane, without clicking on Upload button.
Please have a look at our online demo and follow our guide to implement this feature.

As for event and detecting any info about selected images, please use our client-side events.
To detect how many files are added to upload pane please use beforeUpload event:
Code:
function beforeUpload()
    {
      var count=$au.imageUploader("Uploader1").files().count();

if (count ...
    };

Ken, please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Hi Pauline,
Thanks for the quick response.

The enableInstantUpload: true is not working. I'm using the code below:

Code:

$au.imageUploaderFlash({
                      id: 'myId',
                      width: '90%',
                      licenseKey: 'XXXXX',
                      uploadSettings: {
                        actionUrl:'$uploadUrl', 
                        redirectUrl:'',
                        enableInstantUpload: true,
                      },
                      restrictions: {
                        fileMask: [
                            ['Images (*.jpg; *.jpeg; *.png; *.gif; *.bmp)', '*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.png;*.gif;*.bmp']
                        ],
                        maxFileCount: $this->maxFileCount,
                        maxTotalSize: '$this->maxTotalSize'
                      }
                  });

I still need to click the Upload button for it to call the actionUrl. Am i missing something to make it work?

I also notice that in the documentation you are using $au.uploader
Code:

var u = $au.uploader({
       id: 'Uploader1',
       uploadSettings: {
           enableInstantUpload: true,
       }
   });

In the Suite8 I think $au.uploader doesn't exist and now using $au.imageUploaderFlash?

Also you mention:

The beforeUpload event only triggers upon clicking the Upload button. Apparently that is not what I want. I want to catch the event when a user straight away chose images or is there a event for me to catch before/after adding images to upload pane?

Thank you again.

p.shirykalova  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 2:26:28 AM(UTC)
p.shirykalova

Groups:

Hi Ken,

Sorry, indeed I provided you with the code snippet you don't need. Please let me explain.
Quote:
In the Suite8 I think $au.uploader doesn't exist and now using $au.imageUploaderFlash?

Upload Suite 8 is a bundle, it includes 2 upload components: ActiveX/Java uploader and Flash/HTML5 uploader. I am sorry, I wasn't attentive enough and posted a code working for ActiveX/Java version only.
Due to technology restrictions Flash version doesn't support some features, instant upload is one of them.
Quote:
I want to catch the event when a user straight away chose images or is there a event for me to catch before/after adding images to upload pane?

I can see what you want to achieve, unfortunately it cannot be done with Flash control. HTML5/Flash uploader API doesn't have this kind of client event.again due to technology restrictions. In other words instant upload functionality cannot be implemented with this control.

Ken, is it critical for you to use Flash control? Java/ActiveX one supports instant upload and some more useful features.
Please let me know if you could test it.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.
Best regards,
Pauline Shirykalova
numbskull  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 2:52:05 AM(UTC)
numbskull

p.shirykalova wrote:
Hi Ken,

Sorry, indeed I provided you with the code snippet you don't need. Please let me explain.
Quote:

Upload Suite 8 is a bundle, it includes 2 upload components: ActiveX/Java uploader and Flash/HTML5 uploader. I am sorry, I wasn't attentive enough and posted a code working for ActiveX/Java version only.
Due to technology restrictions Flash version doesn't support some features, instant upload is one of them.
Quote:
I want to catch the event when a user straight away chose images or is there a event for me to catch before/after adding images to upload pane?

I can see what you want to achieve, unfortunately it cannot be done with Flash control. HTML5/Flash uploader API doesn't have this kind of client event.again due to technology restrictions. In other words instant upload functionality cannot be implemented with this control.

Ken, is it critical for you to use Flash control? Java/ActiveX one supports instant upload and some more useful features.
Please let me know if you could test it.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Pauline,
No worries on that :).
I think yes its critical, as our users by default uses the browser's HTML5 and the popularity of installing flash in browser is there already.

Any way, what is the code underneath the 'Upload' button? Other thing on my mind is if I can actually trigger it (e.g automate the click) so that it will upload the files automatically?

p.shirykalova  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 1:28:36 AM(UTC)
p.shirykalova

Groups:

Hi Ken,

Well, ActiveX/Java uploader has this kind of event and corresponding properties in API.
Flash/HTML5 version doesn't have.
Without having API members you won't be able to implement instant upload.
I mean this is what the problem is - Flash version doesn't have this special place where you can listen to the changes in the upload pane and initiate the upload process.

So, this feature can be added by the developer only. The control itself is a black box for you and me, we can use API methods and events only.

Unfortunately we currently don't work in new Flash/HTML5 release, however we have instant upload feature in our bugtracker.
Best regards,
Pauline Shirykalova
thanks 1 user thanked p.shirykalova for this useful post.
numbskull on 10/8/2012(UTC)
numbskull  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 6:41:14 PM(UTC)
numbskull

Thanks a lot Pauline.
thanks 1 user thanked numbskull for this useful post.
p.shirykalova on 10/8/2012(UTC)
p.shirykalova  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 9:23:52 PM(UTC)
p.shirykalova

Groups:

No problem!
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance.
Best regards,
Pauline Shirykalova
numbskull  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 11:55:18 PM(UTC)
numbskull

p.shirykalova wrote:
Hi Ken,

Well, ActiveX/Java uploader has this kind of event and corresponding properties in API.
Flash/HTML5 version doesn't have.
Without having API members you won't be able to implement instant upload.
I mean this is what the problem is - Flash version doesn't have this special place where you can listen to the changes in the upload pane and initiate the upload process.

So, this feature can be added by the developer only. The control itself is a black box for you and me, we can use API methods and events only.

Unfortunately we currently don't work in new Flash/HTML5 release, however we have instant upload feature in our bugtracker.

Hi Pauline,

Is it possible to include in future the event detection of this in HTML/Flash? It would be convenient for us to have this. The current open source uploader that we're using has this. Thank you.
p.shirykalova  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:03:15 AM(UTC)
p.shirykalova

Groups:

Hi Ken,

Yes, sure. We have this feature in our bugtracker. Unfortunately I cannot estimate the time when it will be added.
Best regards,
Pauline Shirykalova