Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Demaster4  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2012 3:31:54 PM(UTC)
Demaster4

Groups: Member

I'm not sure I'm posting to the correct forum, and I do apologize if I have done wrong. I have a dilemma, and I'm looking for a solution. I think one of your software packages could help, but I'm not sure.

I'm the webmaster of a site for a chorus. I have stored learning tracks on S3, and I'd like them easier to access then a direct link to a file at a time. I'd like a way to be able to manage these files and links. Amazon S3 doesn't have a directory structure which makes it tough to look at the files that are listed in a bucket on a Joomla site. There are usually 4 tracks per song, and I'd like to put the tracks into one bucket (per song) and list only the buckets on the site for members to see. Then they can click the bucket and see the list of tracks and be able to play them.

Is your software a solution to my problem? It isn't totally clear to me. So I thought I'd ask here.

Thank you in advance
Demaster
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:02:31 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello,

Thank you for your question.

As far as I understand your site is built on Joomla, and users’ files should be uploaded to Amazon S3 storage. Actually, our Image Uploader can send any files (including music files) to Amazon S3. However we do not have integration uploading to Amazon S3 through Image Uploader and Joomla.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.
Demaster4  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2012 6:21:31 AM(UTC)
Demaster4

Dmitry,

Thank you so much for you quick response. Uploading files to S3 is not a big concern for me. That can be easily managed with CloudBerry. What I'd like to do is be able to create an environment on the Joomla site for the chorus that allows me to display the bucket structure on S3 of the buckets and files I've created. If I upload files to S3 (using any utility), I'd like a mechanism that shows me buckets I've created to the end user.

The goal would be that the end user could log on and see all the buckets of songs. Then be able to double click on a bucket and see the tracks inside the bucket. After that be able to click the track and have the option to download or play that track.

Thanks in advance again.
Demaster
Demaster4  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2012 7:23:20 AM(UTC)
Demaster4

It seems like your Amazon S3 Media Manager may be the solution that I'm looking for (I'm not sure). Do I need to have your other software installed to allow this to work? I have installed it on my site, but I'm not able to get it working properly.

Demaster
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:16:21 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Demaster,

We are providing with software which allows uploading files to servers (including clouds like Amazon S3 or Nirvanix). Unfortunately, Amazon S3 Media Manager is out of support now. This plug-in has been based on Image Uploader6, the support of which has been discontinued.

At the current moment, we are offering Photo Order plug-in for Joomla/Virtuemart only.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.