Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pcoraccio  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 2:30:49 PM(UTC)
pcoraccio

Groups: Member

I currently am using AurigmaUp on my website so that iPhones can upload pictures. When the user clicks a button on the website, they are redirected right to the AurigmaUp app with the uploadURL, redirectedURL, returnURL, and license provided. The problem is that users will never initially have AurigmaUp on their phone so they are guided towards the iTunes store to download the app. When the user then clicks the button on our website, is redirected to the AurigmaUp app, then uploads an image, the "'Aurigma Up' Would Like to Use Your Current Location" alert comes up. Then, on pressing okay, both of the config'd URLs are gone and the "Website" button to return back to my website is also gone. Thus, users are left in a bad state.

Is there anyway to auto-allow the iPhone to accept Location Services, have AurigmaUp to accept the Location Services alert show up first without needing to upload an image, or return back to my website/allow my configs to stay there when the alert comes up?

Thanks for the help, hope to hear from you soon!

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 10:51:18 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Pat,

Thank you for your question.

To make Aurigma Up work on iPhone/iPad users should turn Location services on. This is necessary because Location Services are required by one of the libraries used in Aurigma Up.

It is not possible to control Location services to turn on it before running Aurigma Up. Aurigma Up asks users to turn on and use it first time; however after turning on, Aurigma Up should be restarted. Unfortunately, this behavior cannot be changed.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.

pcoraccio  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:14:09 AM(UTC)
pcoraccio

Okay no problem.

Thanks for the help and the quick response Dmitry.

- Pat

Per-DK  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2012 9:13:24 AM(UTC)
Per-DK

I have the same issue as the OP above and even though this is "the way it works" it is really annoying behavior. I fear that not all visitors on my/any website will have the patience to try over again and hope for a better result. It would of course help a bit if there was a warning when the configuration is cleared, telling the visitor that he/she will have to go back to the website and try again.

Besides this, the app works really well and has been easy to implement. I just wish I had noticed this problem earlier. I am not yet sure if I will put it into production on my site... quite a shame....

/Per

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 3:10:38 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Thanks for you comment, Per.

Aurigma Up warns that user makes sure that he/she has enabled access to location data for Aurigma Up. When he/she turns on location services and go back to Aurigma UP, it will work okay.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.

Per-DK  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 2:54:46 PM(UTC)
Per-DK

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for your reply.

I am aware of how the app works and have seen that it does. I am just considering this from a user’s/visitor’s perspective: Arriving at a new website and from there going to the App Store to download an app. When you then use it back on the website, you select a picture to upload, accept that it can use your current location, and then you can’t press upload – and you can’t go back to the website. Chances are that you are not going to try it again.

Anyway, I am probably going to try it out on my site and see what happens. I really like the app - especially for its simplicity. It needs to do one thing – and it does. If you do fall for the temptation to bloat it with features later on, please keep the slim version available for those that just need a simple way to upload images.

/Per