Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vincent Nieuwdorp  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2011 5:31:45 AM(UTC)
Vincent Nieuwdorp

Groups: Member

Hello,

For several of our applications, we're using Image Uploader without the applet/control itself being visible on screen. The size is set to 1x1, and all interaction is done using the addFiles(), upload() and similar methods and events.

In previous versions this worked very well: The user got the proper popup during installation, and at the end, the uploadProgress dialog was visible.

In version 7 however, this works less well, due to two issues. Both can be worked around, but I'd still consider them bugs, or at least a regression from previous versions.

1) Hinderance, but fixable: The installationProgress dialog is a <div> grouped with the control itself, but with the progressCssClass, you should be able to position it everywhere. So far so good.
However, all possible dimensional and positional properties of the control <div>, are hardcoded to 0 in the style attribute of the progress dialog <div> tag, meaning that every dimensional and positional css property in the class passed to the progressCssClass propery has to have the !important modifier, or it will simply be ignored (css values in the style attribute override class values, per the CSS specification). As said, you can circumvent this, but this since this isn't documented, it may make people trying to use the progressCssClass very confused.

2) This one I haven't been able to solve, though there is a workaround: In previous versions of Image Uploader (I'm certain about 5, but I believe 6 as well) the uploadProgress dialog appeared seperately from the main control. This meant that in the situation described above where the upload panes aren't visible, the progress dialog was still visible. In IU7 however, the progress dialog is contained IN the pane-window. This means that if the pane-window is too small, or hidden, the progressDialog doesn't show and the user is left wondering what the hell is taking so long.
You can work around this by using the progress event, but I'd much rather use the normal popup.

As said, we're still happy using Image Uploader, but these issues stop me from upgrading IU on all our applications, despite version 7 solving some problems that have hindered us in the past.

Keep up the good work, and I hope you can do something with this.

Regards,
Bernard
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2011 9:09:20 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Bernard,

Thank you for your report.
  1. As for installationProgressDialog. I reported about this to our developers.
  2. Unfortunately, Bernard, there is no way to use upload progress dialog separated from Image Uploader control. We made so in version 7 because many clients have complained, that upload dialog will go behind of browser window in version 6, when it is out of focus. In this case I recommend you to use custom progress dialog implementing it using Progress event.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to let me know.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.