Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sancad63  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 5:08:40 AM(UTC)
sancad63

Groups: Member

I have installed version 7.0.28 but wish to upgrade to 7.0.37. So far I have downloaded files pertaining to 7.0.37 but am not sure how to upgrade. Would I just need to remove reference to the Aurigma.Uploader.dll for 7.0.28 and add a reference to the new Aurigma.Uploader.dll for 7.0.37. Also, will I need to add the ImageUploader7.jar file to the scripts folder? If so, what other files do I need to bring over? I am running the ASP.Net control and have set the JavaControl to UseCustomCodeBaseType property to "Java".

I am also having issues with the cropping. I have set the imageeditor to enable crop however, when I try to crop, nothing other than the ability to add descriptions is available. The Crop and Cancel Crop buttons are there but disabled. I would allow the user to Crop there image and not be able to add a description. Is that possible. I also want to remove the ability to add Notes.

Thanks
sancad63  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 6:45:41 AM(UTC)
sancad63

I figured how to use the crop feature... very unclear to the end user as there are no directions on the page. I would expect there to be handles on the page to click and drag. User has no indication on how to crop. I found it by accident.

My users need to upload PDF. I have set the Restrictions FileMask to include .pdf files. I can not see the ability to crop pdf but can see it for other files such as jpg files. If PDF files cannot be cropped that is fine however, if I select the pdf I get a NullReferenceException Error: object reference not set to an instance. this only happens when I set a converter to the following:
<cc1:Converter Mode="*.*=Thumbnail"
ThumbnailApplyCrop="true"
ThumbnailFitMode="ActualSize" />

If I set it back to:
<cc1:Converter Mode="*.*=SourceFile" />

It works fine. Basically, this is telling me that I can not use cropping if I want to allow PDF files to be uploaded. Is this a bug?
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 8:56:48 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Sandra,

Thanks for posting your questions.

Quote:
I have installed version 7.0.28 but wish to upgrade to 7.0.37. So far I have downloaded files pertaining to 7.0.37 but am not sure how to upgrade. Would I just need to remove reference to the Aurigma.Uploader.dll for 7.0.28 and add a reference to the new Aurigma.Uploader.dll for 7.0.37. Also, will I need to add the ImageUploader7.jar file to the scripts folder? If so, what other files do I need to bring over? I am running the ASP.Net control and have set the JavaControl to UseCustomCodeBaseType property to "Java".

Yes, you should replace Aurigma.ImageUploader.dll file and ImageUploader7.jar as I recommended you in this post

As for question about cropping PDF files. Unfortunately, Image Uploader cannot resize PDFs. In this case you should upload source files only.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.