Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Suresh.Mekkattil  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 2:40:59 AM(UTC)
Suresh.Mekkattil

Groups: Member

Hi all,

We are using aurigma tool for our image upload. We are having an issue at the minute with the image thumbnails.

Consider the following scenario:
We have a list of images added to the aurigma control say 30 images. And we are uploading the images in 3 or 4 unit(say 3 or 4 upload) rather than uploading the whole list at once.

So we have to remove all the images other than those flagged for 1st upload from the control say 10 images and then reload the list after the upload. And we need to carry on the flagging of the images for the 2nd upload.
So basically we need to upload images in “batches”, rather than all at once. So if the Aurigma control is loaded with 30 images, we need to upload these 10 at a time, and whilst each batch is uploading, we need to continue working on the remaining batches.

So our problem is when we are removing the other images form the list we are losing the thumbnails. So Our question is, is there possible to persist the thumbnails of the images which are removed from the list(uploadpane)?

Thanks in advance.
Andrew  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 1:42:23 AM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
I guess the FilePerPackage should help. Specify here the size of your batch (in Image Uploader terminology batch=package), e.g. 10. When Image Uploader will send first 10 files, it will remove all of them from the upload list, while remaining files will stay there. You can change batch/package settings (e.g. additional data fields) using BeforePackageUpload event.

Hope this makes sense. Post here if you have any problems with it.
Dmitry  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 7:59:38 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Here is the topic giving detailed information about sending files in multiple packages: Sending All Files at Once or in Several Parts.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
Suresh.Mekkattil  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 12:13:30 AM(UTC)
Suresh.Mekkattil

Groups: Member

Hi all,

Thanks for your reply.
I am giving below my upload setting for aurigma.

<UploadSettings FilesPerPackage="1" ProgressBytesMode="BySourceSize" AutoRecoveryMaxAttemptCount="10" ChunkSize="0"
AutoRecoveryTimeout="4000" />

I changed the FilesPerPackage="1" to FilesPerPackage="10" as your recomentation, but still while the upload is in progressing, I am loosing all the thumbnails.

And also one quick question, FilesPerPackage="12" will cost the memory in the server isn't it and chance of getting failure is higher. Is there any work arround?

Thanks
Suresh
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 1:35:27 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Groups:

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Suresh,

Could you please provide me with a link to your site with Image Uploader (login/password if necessary)? It will allow replicating the problem you reported and give you an advice.
Quote:
And also one quick question, FilesPerPackage="12" will cost the memory in the server isn't it and chance of getting failure is higher. Is there any work arround?

You should configure your server correctly. Please learn more information in the Configuring ASP.NET section.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.