Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rtmc  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 6:32:44 AM(UTC)
rtmc

Groups: Member

I hope someone can help with a solution here. My scenario is as follows - I am a .Net programmer and have been tasked with a web application where one of the requirements is that users will need the ability to easily upload images to an Amazon S3 bucket. I have been looking at the Image Uploader demo, and it looks perfect for what we need.

Here's the catch... some users will be in the field using iPads, and they will need to be able to take pictures with their iPads and upload from there. Since Java cannot be installed on an iPad, I am afraid Image Uploader will not work. (I know there are hacks to get Java installed, but I can't do that on other's machines...) Is there a way around this? I really want to use Image Uploader, but working on an iPad is a must. Any thoughts or workarounds?

Thanks!
Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 2:39:26 AM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

We have a product for iOS allowing uploading photos from Apple devices to a Web server. Here is the link: http://www.aurigma.com/iphone/.

Unfortunately it doesn’t support AWS. To support it you will need to upload photos to your intermediate server and then transfer them to AWS from there.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!