Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
digi-ghost  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2011 6:43:51 AM(UTC)
digi-ghost

Groups: Member

Hi there

I see on the full (activex/java) comparison table that it indicates that the 'entry level' Image Uploader has some file size limits on uploads.

The comparison table for Flash UPloader vs Image Uploader doesn't mention any file size limits.

We'd expect our users to be uploading straight from a camera (so images could be around 4-5MB), and could be uploading 50 - 60 images at a time.

So, my question is: what, if any, limits are in place for the Flash Uploader?

Also, the demo page for the uploader has some options for ASP, PHP, JSP etc. is there any out of the box code for Perl?

Cheers

DG

Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2011 1:23:05 AM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

Image Uploader Flash has the following limitations to files and images sizes:
  • Limitation to thumbnail size; the uploader supports creating thumbnails up to 3Mpix on client side. If you upload original photos, this limitation doesn’t come into play.
  • Due to technical limitations in Adobe Flash the uploader displays thumbnails in upload pane for about 200 photos; other photos are displayed as icons. If you plan to apply “max/min image width/height” restriction to images in your upload list, you will be able to select not more than 200 images for upload.
Here is the detailed topic describing the second limitation and ways to address it: Uploading Large Amount of Images.

Unfortunately we don’t have ready to use samples for Perl because it is not widely used these days. The Saving Uploaded Files in Other Platforms topic will give you all the points you need to concern about tailoring the uploader for Perl Web application.

Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions. Also if you need assistance from our technical team, you may submit support ticket with your request.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 6, 2011 1:44:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
dianaa  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2011 2:49:23 AM(UTC)
dianaa

Groups: Member

Yes they have many type of limitations. so you have to watch all these limitations before you upload files. sir Dmitry gave all type of requirements of this. i also tried to upload but fails and then i find this same information and no i can upload.

Edited by user Monday, August 20, 2012 8:23:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dmitry  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 7, 2011 11:33:32 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
dianaa wrote:
i also tried to upload but fails and then i find this same information and no i can upload.

Could you please explain, what exact problem you did experience? The issue could be caused by errors during deployment, in this case the uploader doesn't work in the expected way.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!