Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WFUK  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2011 11:55:15 PM(UTC)
WFUK

Groups: Member

Hi,

We recently added the Aurigma uploader to our web site. The web site lists vehicles for sale, and therefore the uploader is used by van/truck/car dealers within their user area to upload .gif and .jpg images of their vehicles.

When I first implemented the uploader I could not find a way of renaming the image filenames before the images were uploaded to the server. So at the moment I upload them into a temp folder, and then use PHP to rename them and move them on the server. I have ran into trouble with this method however, so I am trying to see if it is possible at all to rename the images BEFORE they are uploaded so I can by-pass all my long-winded PHP code?

We want to rename the images to something of our choice, due to SEO, so we would rename it to e.g. ford-truck-london-1234.jpg and the thumbs would be e.g. ford-truck-london-1234_s.jpg. This would be dynamic however, so the names would change depending on the make of the truck/van etc

Is this at all possible?

Many thanks

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2011 1:35:25 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Groups:

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Andy,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to rename files on client side before uploading. You are able to rename them on server side only, when save images to server.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.

WFUK  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 10:55:49 PM(UTC)
WFUK

Groups: Member

Many thanks Dmitry

So to clarify; the only way to achieve a filename change is like how I am doing it? - by using my own PHP code to move and edit the files once they are uploaded onto the server? There is nothing within the Aurigma framework which can do this?

Thanks

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2011 6:52:39 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Groups:

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Andy,

Yes, it is so. You will be able to change file names using PHP server-side script when your server receipts uploaded files. Unfortunately, there is no way doing it on client side before uploading.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.