Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
teja  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2005 7:06:00 AM(UTC)
teja

Groups: Member

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to have an extra "title" for each photo, in addition to "description"?

Also, is there any way to mention our own naming scheme for the thumbnails/pics? Like can I specify my own prefix/suffix for each thumbnail?

regards,

Teja

Fedor  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2005 12:23:00 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to have an extra "title" for each photo, in addition to "description"?

Do you want that there was 2 editable fields or just attached hidden field with title?

Also, is there any way to mention our own naming scheme for the thumbnails/pics? Like can I specify my own prefix/suffix for each thumbnail?

There is no way for it, but you can easy rename thumbnail files on server side and save them actually with any prefix/suffix.

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

teja  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 23, 2005 9:55:00 PM(UTC)
teja

Groups: Member

Hi,

The "title" field I want it as a editable field just like description_N field.

I am renaming with my own prefix/suffix, but the problem with that is, when I upload the same file, there is no way to tell the system to upload with a unique name.

if I have xx.jpg and upload it as thumbnail only (thumbnail1 as the file itself, thumbnail2 as the actual thumbnail),

it uploads xx.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg,xx.jpg_Thumbnail2.jpg

Then I rename to xx.jpg,sm_xx.jpg ( by stripping off _Thumb.... parts)

So next time I try to upload a file xx.jpg ( could be a file in another directory on client machine), there is no way for me to know that xx.jpg is already on the server. when it uploads xx.jpg with default names, there is no way for it to know that it already exists.

Ofcourse I can still do a directory search etc for the file name and try to create my own unique name, but I am just trying to find a off-the-shelf solution.

regards,

Teja

Fedor  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2005 12:34:00 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
The "title" field I want it as a editable field just like description_N field.

You can use approach as in the following post:

View post

Ofcourse I can still do a directory search etc for the file name and try to create my own unique name, but I am just trying to find a off-the-shelf solution.

I think you need to resolve file name conflicts on server side. It is the most easiest way.
Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov