Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
adarsuma  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 12:35:02 PM(UTC)
adarsuma

Groups: Member

Hi,

I am doing a trial with your Image Uploader 7 product. I am particularly interested in having to find out how the resize image before upload on client side works.

Basically, I have a web application, whereby the HttpRuntimeRequest is set to 8 MB. Our users typically upload 10 files simultaneously, each having a filesize of 2MB. The page will crash even though we have the resize image functionality on the server side. This is because we set the HttpRuntitmeRequest (maxRequestLength) to 8MB.

I have seen your demo, but it gives an example on Image Uploader to resize images on the server side. Can you give me a full demo on how can I resize the images before even hitting the server's click event?

Thanks

Antony
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 9:44:02 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Antony,

Thank you for contacting us.

Image Uploader resizes images on the client side before upload. Please read Configuring Files to be Uploaded article of Configuring and Handling Upload on Client Side section.
Quote:
Basically, I have a web application, whereby the HttpRuntimeRequest is set to 8 MB. Our users typically upload 10 files simultaneously, each having a filesize of 2MB. The page will crash even though we have the resize image functionality on the server side. This is because we set the HttpRuntitmeRequest (maxRequestLength) to 8MB.

Also, I would recommend you to set FilesPerPackage property to 1. In this case, every file will be uploaded in the separate POST request that allows avoiding the problem with limitation of maximum POST request length set on your server.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to let me know.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.