Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Scott Davis  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2011 1:49:09 PM(UTC)
Scott Davis

Groups: Member

I am using ImageUploader 6.5 Dual.

I am using the ImageUploader in a complex applications that utilizes modal dialogs (not IE modals). The ImageUploader is only being used on these modal dialogs. I am having no functional problems with the ImageUploader whatsoever.

However, the problem I am trying to resolve is that when I have a new user come to the site that does not have the ImageUploader installed, the first time they open one of these dialogs that contains the ImageUploader they are prompted to install the control. Installation works fine, however, it refreshes the page which closes the dialog and resets the page.

What I decided to do was to force users logging into the site to install the control before they can login for the first time. Thus, I placed an ImageUploader control on my login page. I would like the ImageUploader control to display ONLY if the InstallationProgress html is being displayed and otherwise do not want it to display at all. If it is isn't downloading or installing, my assumption is that the user has it on their machine already and I will permite them to go ahead and login.

Thus far I have done this by simply enclosing the ImageUploader in a div and enclosing my main login controls in a table with style="display:none";

Then I handle the OnClientInitComplete event of the Uploader with a javascript function as follows:

Code:

function ImageUploader1_InitComplete() {
                document.getElementById("<%= divImageUploader.ClientID %>").style.display = "none";
                document.getElementById("<%= tblLogin.ClientID %>").style.display = "";
            }

After the ImageUploader is initialized, the div containing the ImageUploader is hidden and the table containing my login controls is displayed.

This works fine except that when a user visits the page that already has the control installed, you see the ImageUploader display for a split second then hide and the login controls displayed.

I am wondering if there is someway for me to check on initial load of the page to see if ImageUploader is downloading or installing and if not do not display it at all.

Also, if there is some other way to acheive this, I am wide open to suggestions.

Thank You!

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:58:38 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Groups:

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello,

Please try this way – replace this line:

Code:
document.getElementById("<%= divImageUploader.ClientID %>").style.display = "none";

with these two ones:

Code:
document.getElementById("<%= divImageUploader.ClientID %>").style.visibility = 'hidden';
document.getElementById("<%= divImageUploader.ClientID %>").style.height = '0px';

Then please let me know about your results. If the problem persists, please provide me with a link to the Image Uploader page (login/password if any). In case you do not want to post this data here public, you are able to submit new support ticket.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.