Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rwaldis  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 2:43:20 AM(UTC)
rwaldis

Groups: Member

Hi, I'm trying out the flash uploader. I think it is very nice and easy to use, but I have a question about thumbnails. It would be really helpful for me to have a thumbnail (120x120), a reduced size image (640x640) for web display, and the original image for photo processing.

I am using the embedded javascript implementation approach as my site is classic ASP. In the Converters section, I have tried adding two thumbnail converters, but it still only creates one. Is there a way to create 2 different sized thumbnails using this method?

Thanks,
Rich
Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 10:28:41 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello Rich,

ASP does not have standard module for parsing HTTP POST requests. What third-party component do you use in your project?
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
rwaldis  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 11:42:14 PM(UTC)
rwaldis

well to be honest I haven't gotten as far as using my actual site to test this out yet. So far I have used your sample ASPX pages. I was considering using them almost as-is and then redirecting to one of my ASP pages to complete some processing that I need done. So to date I've only tried to adjust the sample DEFAULT.ASPX that you provide in the Basic Sample.

So my question is in that file, can you add another thumbnail converter type or another converter all together to create 2 thumbnails during the upload process?

Also, if you have any ASP samples, that would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Rich

p.s. I'm not using and 3rd party components in my code. It's all plain old ASP. I provide swim team web sites and have over 160 teams. I have an image uploader right now, but you have to select 1 file at a time (ok, there is a 3rd party component to upload the files - motobit's asp uploader) and you can't see the thumbnails. My teams would love an uploader like this flash component and it would encourage them to load more photos which is what I want. My main web site is "http://www.swim-team.us" and an example team is "http://bhcc.swim-team.us"

Edited by user Wednesday, July 14, 2010 11:45:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dmitry  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 18, 2010 7:38:06 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello Rich,

You can upload both source image and downsized copy of image. There are so called “Converters” which specify what to do with files selected for upload. You need to specify two converters: the first one to send an original image, the second one to create a thumbnail. Here is detailed information on this functionality: Configuring Upload Settings.

Also we created small sample application illustrating how to use Image Uploader Flash with classic ASP, you can try it out: Uploading images with ASP back-end.

Edited by user Monday, August 2, 2010 2:07:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
rwaldis  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2010 6:18:25 AM(UTC)
rwaldis

thanks!