Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dipesh Dholakia  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 9:08:45 AM(UTC)
Dipesh Dholakia

Groups: Member

How to alter / stop this message to be shown at client side?

is there any add file event ?

Tamila  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 7:25:38 PM(UTC)
Tamila

Groups:

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi,

You can disable "Upload complete" message using the following code:

Code:
iu.addParam("MessageUploadCompleteText", "");

Quote:
is there any add file event ?
Could you please describe it a bit detailed?

Aurigma Support Team

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!

Dipesh Dholakia  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2010 4:38:27 AM(UTC)
Dipesh Dholakia

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

is there any add file event?

1. is ther any event handler which fire when we are adding a files i.e. 'ADD File' through File open Dialog Box.

2. also can we disable the upload complete message box in image upload after event based on certailn condition?

actually i want to show a new message box to user saying that "file is already uploaded do you want to replace the file?"

if user click the cancel button then we have to simply do nothing and stop upload complete message to being shown at client side.

if user click the ok button then we have to overwrite the existing uploaded file.

please advise.

Regards,

Dipesh

Tamila  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2010 8:35:41 PM(UTC)
Tamila

Groups:

Hi Dipesh,

Quote:
is there any add file event?

1. is there any event handler which fire when we are adding a files i.e. 'ADD File' through File open Dialog Box.

You can use UploadFileCountChange event handler. It is raised when the you add or removes files to/from the upload list.

About your second problem. Possibly you can use AfterUpload event handler. It is raised when upload completes successfully. Here you can ask your customers about overwriting.

I hope it helps.

Aurigma Support Team

Dipesh Dholakia  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 12:11:54 AM(UTC)
Dipesh Dholakia

Hi,

We have to ask user about file overwriting prompt in image before upload event only as user can add one / multiple files by clicking add files button. and one / more can be duplicated. and image upload after get fire once we click the upload button so it's not that much useful.

can we clear / delete all the files from "PaneLayout - OnePane" section in uploadfilecountchange event. i think in onepane layout it's not supported.

correct me if i am wrong.

dipesh

Tamila  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 2:02:23 AM(UTC)
Tamila

Groups:

Dipesh,

As I understand you need to realize the following scheme:

Your user adds several files using Add Files button. Now he clicks Upload button and you need to ask him about files overwriting if necessary. According to user's decision you can upload all files or remove duplicates and send new files only.

If so, you should do it as described bellow:

After user selected files and clicked Upload button, you should raise Before Upload event. Here you should ask your server about duplicates. You can do it with Ajax-request. When your server receives Ajax-request, it should process the request and send response to client. Now client should process the response and ask (or not) your user about duplicates deleting. Here you should remove duplicates from upload list and upload new files only or send all files.

I hope it is clearer.

Aurigma Support Team

Dipesh Dholakia  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 10:38:34 AM(UTC)
Dipesh Dholakia

hi

there is a slight changes in your understanding...

Detail Scenarios:

Step 1 -> user add first file say "abc.doc" by clicking the add file button. and click upload. upload completed as this is is first file to be uploaded. close the window.

Step 2-> user add second file "xyz.doc" by clicking the add file button... we check this file against already uploaded files... as this is new file no prompt will be shown. user now continue with add files does not click upload file button.

now he add the "abc.doc" file again... we compare same file with uploaded files in before image upload event as this is a duplicate file we show a message prompt saying "File is already uploaded do you want to replace it"

if user click yes we replace the files. for the same we have to clear old file and put a new one on pane area section as well as on server .

if user click no we simply do nothing.

step 3-> now user click upload button. so page get post back first where it saves the files on server using page load event. and then image upload after event get called.

questions:

1. how to clear files from PaneLayout area if user select yes while over writing?

2. how to stop message saying that that many kilobytes transfered and upload complate message dynamically as user click cancel button for as many duplicate files.

2. we cant use ajax as this is lagacy system.

3. please note that user get mulitple prompt message if he adds multiple duplicate files on image before upload event by clicking add file button.

Please advise.

Many thanks for replying so fast.... i am really very thankful for same...

Regards,

Dipesh

Tamila  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2010 1:40:56 AM(UTC)
Tamila

Groups:

Dipesh,

If you do not want to use Ajax-request I suggest you to use this scheme:

You should add server script on the page with Image Uploader, which is ran in page_load event. This script should generate the list of file names of previously uploaded files (for example as Array()).

Now, when your customer selects new files you should check them (files are duplicates or not) using the file names list of uploaded files (Array). You can do it in UploadFileCountChange event, it works with OnePane layout.

If your customer decides to remove duplicates, you can do it with UploadFileRemove method.

I hope this method is more helpful for you.

Aurigma Support Team