Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
andreym  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 9:27:50 PM(UTC)
andreym

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi everyone!

New Image Uploader 6 has been released recently and there are three new samples shipped with it. You may check them on our demo site: here, here and here.

These samples shows how to upload files to cloud storages. And this post is about uploading to cloud storages as well.

I'm pleased to introduce our new Joomla component. The component allows to upload and manage files on Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3).

If you used Joomla before you should be familiar with the Media Manager component. Our component is similar but with the one difference: media files are hosted not on your server but on the Amazon cloud storage.

This is the main screen of the component. You can create, remove and navigate folders, view uploaded and upload new files here.

UserPostedImage

Also component is integrated with editor to provide convenient way to add links and images into topics.

UserPostedImage

Installation

Firstly, download the archive, attached to this post. Also you need a valid Amazon S3 account.

Go to the Joomla admininistrator and install downloaded package. The one new component and two plugins should appear. The component is the Amazon S3 Media Manager component itself. Plugins, in their order, are used to insert links into topics in the editor.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Open Components -> Amazon S3 Media Manager. Click Parameters button and specify your Amazon S3 account settings: Bucket, AWS Access Key and Secret Access Key. In addition the file restrictions may be specified: maximum file size, allowed extensions and maximum image width and height. Also you can set the minimum user group allowed to upload new files. Now you can upload files to the cloud storage.

Usage

To upload files select Amazon S3 Media Manager in Components menu. The component main screen should appear. Click Add files button and select files to upload. Then click Send button to start uploading.

To create a folder you should specify folder name in the field near Create Folder button and then click it.

To insert uploaded files into an article use Amazon S3 Image or Amazon S3 Link buttons. The buttons open popup window where you can select a file to insert or upload new files and select them.

In next version of the component we are planning to add ability to resize images before upload and generate thumbnails. Also new buttons for embedding audio and video files into the article may be added.

If you have any other suggestions please post them here.

Edited by moderator Sunday, September 4, 2011 10:02:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
amazons3media.zip (2,247kb) downloaded 447 time(s).
andreym attached the following image(s):
main-screen.jpg
front_end.jpg
components.jpg
plugins.jpg
thanks 1 user thanked andreym for this useful post.
kgabisang on 9/1/2011(UTC)
nidcker  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2010 11:34:19 PM(UTC)
nidcker

Hi,

I get this error trying to install

There was an error uploading this file to the server.

Cheers

andreym  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2010 12:10:54 PM(UTC)
andreym

Hello!

It seems you need to allow to upload files bigger then 2 megabytes, since the installation package is 2247KB. There are two variables within your php.ini file that are responsible for managing file uploads.

post_max_size This variable determines the maximum amount of data that PHP will accept in a single form submission using the POST method. Its default value is 8 MB, as shown below:

Code:
post_max_size = 8M

upload_max_filesize This variable limits the size of an individual file uploaded to your site. Its default value is 2 MB, as shown below:

Code:
upload_max_filesize = 2M

An increase in the value of these variables expands file upload limits.

NOTE: After making changes to php.ini, you may need to restart web server to take effect.

mhankins  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2010 10:28:38 PM(UTC)
mhankins

Do I need something else besides SOAP to make this run? I am sorta new to S3, but I have it working S3Fox just fine.

Everytime I put my accesskey and secret key in parameters I get...

[code]

Fatal error: SOAP Fault: (faultcode: HTTP, faultstring: Could not connect to host) in /home/****/public_html/joomla/administrator/components/com_amazons3media/helpers/AmazonS3Manager.php on line 273[/code

If I got into the database and remove those two parameters it will let me view the component page just fine.

Edit: SOAP was not installed properly... Recompiled Apache and it works fine now. Thanks.

Edited by user Saturday, June 5, 2010 10:34:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cin  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2010 3:56:07 AM(UTC)
Cin

I get this error: Fatal error: Class 'SoapClient' not found in .../public_html/a016170/administrator/components/com_amazons3media/helpers/AmazonS3Manager.php on line 19

I'm not really familiar with all this, do I need to install an extra plugin? Or how does this Soap Client work?

andreym  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 11:51:59 AM(UTC)
andreym

Hi Cin!

You need to check if SOAP installed and enabled on your server. Look at the phpinfo report and ensure it have the same section as on the attached screenshot.

BTW, I'm using PHP 5.2.13 on Windows and soap extension was installed and enabled by default.

andreym attached the following image(s):
soap.png
talentsfromindia1  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 4:54:46 AM(UTC)
talentsfromindia1

It have good features ,its great to use it.By a single click we are able to upload multiple files to Amazon S3 via media manager and then add links to them to our articles.