Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
steelhead  
#21 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2009 2:35:16 PM(UTC)
steelhead

Groups: Member

Well, disabling plugins is not a solution to us. We had tested this problem on two more computes inside the company running XP+IE8 and both systems crashed while accessing the demo page. Works well with Windows 7+IE8. That is too bad as I had my mind set on this control, but the management says we can’t use something that is not reliable, and I agree. Will have to find a different control now. Think
Dmitry  
#22 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2009 12:59:16 AM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

As a solution you can try to use Image Uploader Java version. This version works without any problems on all Java-enabled browsers including IE. How to disable ActiveX control you can find in the Inserting Image Uploader into Web Page topic.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
jgavino  
#23 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2009 11:45:50 PM(UTC)
jgavino

Do you have an ETA on when the ActiveX will be able to support IE 8? I was debating on buying the Image Uploader 6 Dual License but if the ActiveX that is supposed to be for IE keeps crashing for IE 8 I'm a little concerned of the benefit of the Dual version versus just the Java version.

Edited by user Sunday, November 22, 2009 12:55:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dmitry  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2009 3:46:00 AM(UTC)
Dmitry

Hello,

Image Uploader supports IE8.

When you come to a page with Image Uploader and it fails to install with IE crash, this problem is caused by another add-ons which have already been installed in the IE on certain machine by the moment when you try to install uploader.

While installing ActiveX control IE has some internal logic affecting already installed add-ons. If one of these add-ons is not DEP/NX compatible it causes crash of IE. That is the matter of problem. Here is additional information on DEP/NX feature.

If have a crash of IE8 on your machine could you send me a list of addons installed in your IE (you can do it via helpdesk system)? It will help us to reproduce the problem locally.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

Dmitry  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2009 7:34:57 AM(UTC)
Dmitry

Guys,

We are trying to find a solution for this problem with crashing IE8. If you still experience this problem could you submit a case with attached list of all installed on your machie IE add-ons and controls. To find all installed controls, please, go to Tools -> Manage Add-ons, then select All add-ons in the Show drop down box.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

steelhead  
#26 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 6:25:31 AM(UTC)
steelhead

Well, we tried your solution and disabled all add-ons on IE8/xp that crashes - it did not help! I'm attaching screenshots showing that all installed add-ons are disabled.
steelhead attached the following image(s):
11-30-2009 1-55-31 PM.jpg
11-30-2009 1-55-55 PM.jpg
11-30-2009 1-58-19 PM.jpg
Eugene Kosmin  
#27 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 4:31:26 PM(UTC)
Eugene Kosmin

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Steelhead,

On your screenshot only “currently loaded add-ons” are shown. Try to choose “All add-ons” from “Show” combo box and check is there enabled items.

Try to uninstall flash player from Control Panel and install it again from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. Check
whether flash player is installed correctly.

Make sure that OS and antivirus software have the latest updates installed.
Best regards,
Eugene Kosmin
The Aurigma Development Team
steelhead  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2009 9:41:57 AM(UTC)
steelhead

Here is a screenshot showing that all add-ons are disabled. All patches and antivirus is also up to date. This is happening on multiple computers, inside and outside the office. I also uninstalled Adobe Flash Player ActiveX plugin – that didn’t help. The only thing that works is to turn off “Enable memory protection to help mitigate online attacks” option in IE. Since all IE add-ons are disabled how can they interfere with the Image Uploader?
Is there away to have some kind of check on the page to see it the Image Uploader ActiveX control is installed and if it is not installed redirect user to a control manual download page instead of having IE try to auto install it?

thanks
steelhead attached the following image(s):
12-1-2009 12-30-46 PM.jpg
Eugene Kosmin  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2009 12:58:19 PM(UTC)
Eugene Kosmin

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Please try to install flash player from the link I gave you in my last post, I would like to know whether your problem affects ActiveX installation process in general or it is our control specific. I.e. can you install some other ActiveX controls via IE yellow bar?

If all add-ons are off, I guess the problem is somewhere else…

Could you give me the list of your antivirus and antispy software list? I need names and versions.

In this way you can check if Image Uploader is installed:

Code:
var iu = new ImageUploaderWriter("ImageUploader", 800, 600);

//...

if (iu.getActiveXInstalled() == false)
{
	// redirect actions
}

Manual installation can be done with standalone Image Uploader installer available from our site:

http://www.aurigma.com/P...eUploader/FreeTrial.aspx

Edited by user Wednesday, December 2, 2009 1:09:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,
Eugene Kosmin
The Aurigma Development Team
steelhead  
#30 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 1:52:51 AM(UTC)
steelhead

Tried the Adobe Flash control – it crashes too! Brick wall This proves the point that it’s not just your control. Not sure what can be done in this case. To answer your question - we use Symantec Endpoint Protection 11 on this particular computer.
What if our users download and install ImageUploaderRedistributable.msi (I assume it’s a trial version) on their computers and we use a valid purchased License Key inside .NET page that uses Image Uploader, will this be the same as installing the control via IE yellow bar? Or will the users have a limited/trial version of the control?

Thank you.
Dmitry  
#31 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2009 2:36:38 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

steelhead wrote:
What if our users download and install ImageUploaderRedistributable.msi (I assume it’s a trial version) on their computers and we use a valid purchased License Key inside .NET page that uses Image Uploader, will this be the same as installing the control via IE yellow bar? Or will the users have a limited/trial version of the control?

Yes, that is right. You can ask your users having problems with automatic installation to install ImageUploaderRedistributable.msi manually. After that if they come to your site, they will use Image Uploader as usual.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov