Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rob22888  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2009 12:18:57 AM(UTC)
rob22888

Groups: Member

Hi,

I am looking to implement the Aurigma image uploader into a PHP application. I am currently using basic HTTP file inputs for users to select their files, and then using PHP to generate thumbnails, resize, add watermarks etc. This is obviously very server intensive and un-efficient so this script seems the ideal solution.

However, having looked at the sample code provided in the free trial I cannot find a way of recording the filenames of the files the user has uploaded. I need to know what the filenames are so I can insert them into a database which keeps a catalouge of all the images users have uploaded to my site.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 28, 2009 2:04:31 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

There is a special field in POST request sent by Image Uploader to a server - FileName_N (The N character appended to the field name is a placeholder for an index of this file in the POST request. This index is 1-based. For example, if the user uploads three files, they will get FileName_1, FileName_2, and FileName_3 fields.), this field contains name of the original Nth file. All you need is just to extract this value from request in your server upload script.

The detailed information about structure of POST requests sent by Image Uploader can be found in the POST Field Reference topic.

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!