Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rogers  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2009 4:47:54 AM(UTC)
rogers

Groups: Member

I was looking at the iuembed script and noticed you use eval statements in a few places. These are expensive and can be handled differently. I've substituted the eval statements with an alternate method. We've been using this for about 6 months without error.

Code with eval statements (starting at line 34):

if (typeof(o[props[i]])=="unknown"){
eval("o.set"+props[i]+"=function(i,v){this."+props[i]+"(i)=v;};");
eval("o.get"+props[i]+"=function(i){return this."+props[i]+"(i);};");
}
else{
eval("o.set"+props[i]+"=function(v){this."+props[i]+"=v};");
eval("o.get"+props[i]+"=function(){return this."+props[i]+"};");
}
}
if (hasPaneItemApiElements){
eval("o.setPaneItemDesign = function(Pane, Index, Value){this.PaneItemDesign(Pane, Index) = Value;};");
eval("o.getPaneItemDesign = function(Pane, Index){return this.PaneItemDesign(Pane, Index);};");
eval("o.getPaneItemSelected = function(Pane, Index){return this.PaneItemSelected(Pane, Index);};");
eval("o.setPaneItemEnabled = function(Pane, Index, Value){this.PaneItemEnabled(Pane, Index) = Value;};");
eval("o.getPaneItemEnabled = function(Pane, Index){return this.PaneItemEnabled(Pane, Index);};");
}

Alternate to eval statements:

if (typeof(o[props[i]])=="unknown"){
o['set'+props[i]] = function(i,v){this[props[i]](i)=v;};
o['get'+props[i]] = function(i){return this[props[i]](i);};
}
else{
o['set'+props[i]] = function(v){this[props[i]]=v;};
o['get'+props[i]] = function(){return this[props[i]];};
}
}
if (hasPaneItemApiElements){
o.setPaneItemDesign = function(Pane, Index, Value){this.PaneItemDesign(Pane, Index) = Value;};
o.getPaneItemDesign = function(Pane, Index){return this.PaneItemDesign(Pane, Index);};
o.getPaneItemSelected = function(Pane, Index){return this.PaneItemSelected(Pane, Index);};
o.setPaneItemEnabled = function(Pane, Index, Value){this.PaneItemEnabled(Pane, Index) = Value;};
o.getPaneItemEnabled = function(Pane, Index){return this.PaneItemEnabled(Pane, Index);};
}
}
Fedor  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2009 7:19:13 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hello,

Quote:
I was looking at the iuembed script and noticed you use eval statements in a few places. These are expensive and can be handled differently. I've substituted the eval statements with an alternate method. We've been using this for about 6 months without error.

Thank you very much for your proposal. The script was designed 5 years with old concepts in mind. In upcoming version 6.x we have got rid of eval() statements at all.
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov