Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PinalBhatt  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2009 1:43:57 AM(UTC)
PinalBhatt

Groups: Member

Is there any way where in using Aurigma Image Uploader, i can upload original image and thumbnails in differnet requests.

Let me put it this way : I have a requirement that when user clicks "send" to upload file, original file should be uploaded to one server say A, Thumbnail1 should go to another server say B and Thumbnail2 should go to another server say C.

as per default behaviour original image and associated thumbnails all go in one single request, can i have them go in different requests to different locations.

Thanks in advance,
Pinal Bhatt

Edited by user Thursday, April 16, 2009 7:28:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2009 7:27:23 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello Pinal,

Unfortunately Image Uploader cannot send original image and thumbnails in different requests. All you can do is to try the following workaround:
  1. Users select files for upload.
  2. Then they click "Send" button defined in HTML on your site.
  3. After that you prepare the first request using Image Uploader scripting API : specify URL in ImageUploader.Action Property, set original file for upload. Then you call ImageUploader.Send Method and Image Uploader uploads the first request.
  4. Then you prepare settings for the first thumbnail: specify URL again, disable uploading of original file and set the first thumbnail for upload. After you complete you call Send method again.
  5. And so on...
Also you should set ImageUploader.UncheckUploadedFiles Property to false before the first call to Send method and set this method to true before the last call to Send method. It will allow you to upload the same files several times.

Hope I was clear and it will help you. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here.

Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
thanks 1 user thanked Dmitry for this useful post.
conorhannah on 11/9/2010(UTC)