Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kooshling  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2008 5:50:58 AM(UTC)
kooshling

Groups: Member

I am using Image Uploader 5.5 (ActiveX version) and have set up the Uploader to be in a 2-pane layout. When the user views the folder contents using the Icon view (as opposed to Thumbnail, Detail, or List views), the user cannot select or deselect files. Selecting or deselecting files works fine in the other views (meaning if the user clicks on an item's associated checkbox, the checkbox either becomes selected or deselected).

The Select All and Deselect All buttons work as expected in the Icon view. The user can also click on one of the icons to highlight it and then press the spacebar to select/deselect the item. However, clicking on the checkbox next to the icon doesn't select/deselect the item. Is this a know bug or am I doing something wrong? If there is no way to get this to work, is there a way to remove the Icon view from the context menu you get when right-clicking in folder-view pane (I know you can turn the context menu on and off, but I want the context menu there, but with the Icon view option removed)?

This same behavior appears in online examples on this site that allow you to see the Icon view.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide on this.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:02:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fedor  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:05:52 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hello,

Does it work for you in our online demo?

http://www.aurigma.com/Products/ImageUploader/OnlineDemo.aspx#BasicDemo

Could you submit case or send here the URL of page with Image Uploader? It will help us to replicate the problem

Quote:
is there a way to remove the Icon view from the context menu you get when right-clicking in folder-view pane (I know you can turn the context menu on and off, but I want the context menu there, but with the Icon view option removed)?

You can set ImageUploader.MenuIconsText Property to the empty string for it:

Code:
iuw.addParam("MenuIconsText", "");

Edited by user Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:06:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
kooshling  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2008 3:32:59 AM(UTC)
kooshling

Groups: Member

Thank you for your quick reply.

We don't have a public website that you would be able to access to see our use of the Image Uploader (it's an internal web application).

I had tried your online demos (including the Basic Demo) and the Icon View didn't allow selection either. However, I retried your online demo and noticed something interesting. When running Windows Vista and IE7 selecting in the Icon View worked just fine. However, when running Windows 2003 or Windows XP (both running IE7) selecting in the Icon View doesn't work. Is there something in how the ActiveX control works in those operating systems that is different than in Vista?

Thanks for the tip on getting rid of the Icon View from the context menu. If we can't resolve the selection issue, we'll at least be able to prevent users from seeing that view.

Edited by user Friday, November 28, 2008 3:02:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Eugene Kosmin  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2008 12:24:41 PM(UTC)
Eugene Kosmin

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Hi,

This issue will be fixed in the next release, which will be available in the nearest future (maybe in the next week). By design, Image Uploader should work equally in all supported OS.

Thanks for a bug reporting.
Best regards,
Eugene Kosmin
The Aurigma Development Team