Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sosauce  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 1:14:41 AM(UTC)
Sosauce

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Member
Joined: 8/31/2008(UTC)
Posts: 4


Hi,

We observed that for IE users, if they go to the page for the first time and install ActiveX, then getImageUploader("...").getUploadFileCount() won't work. An "Object doesn't support this property or method" exception would be thrown in Javascript. Same to functions such as getTotalFileSize(), but some others such as SelectAll(), RemoveAllFromUploadList() are still fine.

If the user reloads the browser (meaning they installed ActiveX before going into the page) then everything will be fine. We're using 5.5.6.0 version.

Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks a lot!
Fedor  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 2:17:02 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator
Joined: 7/28/2003(UTC)
Posts: 1,558

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Hello,

Quote:
We observed that for IE users, if they go to the page for the first time and install ActiveX, then getImageUploader("...").getUploadFileCount() won't work. An "Object doesn't support this property or method" exception would be thrown in Javascript. Same to functions such as getTotalFileSize(), but some others such as SelectAll(), RemoveAllFromUploadList() are still fine.


Do you call Image Uploader methods on page load?

If yes, then you should call them after firing of fullPageLoad event :

http://www.aurigma.com/docs/iu/...ptReference.htm#pageload

Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
Sosauce  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 2:44:46 AM(UTC)
Sosauce

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Member
Joined: 8/31/2008(UTC)
Posts: 4

Hi, thanks for the answer.
getUploadFileCount() was called in the UploadFileCountChange event callback, which is not called until user added some photo to the uploader, so I assume it should not be the issue.

I even tried adding a link which invokes a javascript function to read getUploadFileCount() (to make sure if the error has anything to do with UploadFileCountChange event), but when I click on the link the same error still happens.

Again, if ActiveX was installed prior to entering the page, everything works well.

Thanks!

Fedor wrote:
Hello,

Quote:
We observed that for IE users, if they go to the page for the first time and install ActiveX, then getImageUploader("...").getUploadFileCount() won't work. An "Object doesn't support this property or method" exception would be thrown in Javascript. Same to functions such as getTotalFileSize(), but some others such as SelectAll(), RemoveAllFromUploadList() are still fine.


Do you call Image Uploader methods on page load?

If yes, then you should call them after firing of fullPageLoad event :

http://www.aurigma.com/docs/iu/...ptReference.htm#pageload

Edited by user Thursday, November 6, 2008 2:45:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fedor  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 1:56:30 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator
Joined: 7/28/2003(UTC)
Posts: 1,558

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Hello,

Quote:
Hi, thanks for the answer.
getUploadFileCount() was called in the UploadFileCountChange event callback, which is not called until user added some photo to the uploader, so I assume it should not be the issue.


In any case it is better to be sure whether Image Uploader object and page is totally initialized before accessing to it:

Code:
var imageUploader1 = null;

function fullPageLoad(){	
	imageUploader1=getImageUploader("ImageUploader1");
}

function ImageUploader_UploadFileCountChange(){
	if (imageUploader1){	
		//YOUR CODE
	}
}



Code:
//...
iu.addEventListener("ViewChange", "ImageUploader_ViewChange");
iu.fullPageLoadListenerName = "fullPageLoad";

//Tell Image Uploader writer object to generate all necessary HTML code to embed 
//Image Uploader to the page.
iu.writeHtml();


Quote:
I even tried adding a link which invokes a javascript function to read getUploadFileCount() (to make sure if the error has anything to do with UploadFileCountChange event), but when I click on the link the same error still happens.


Could you submit case or send here the link of page with Image Uploader?
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
Sosauce  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 2:11:41 AM(UTC)
Sosauce

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Member
Joined: 8/31/2008(UTC)
Posts: 4

I found the problem. It's related to getHtml().
If you write something like... (the Basic Demo code would work)

Code:
<div>
<script>
var iu = new ImageUploaderWriter("ImageUploader1", 650, 400);
//all the initialization codes...
iu.writeHtml();
</script>
</div>


then everything is fine. However if you write something like...

Code:
<div id="container">
</div>
<script>
var iu = new ImageUploaderWriter("ImageUploader1", 650, 400);
//the same initialization codes...
document.getElementById('container').innerHTML = iu.writeHtml();
</script>


Most of the time it's still fine, but if it's first load in IE, then requesting for getImageUploader('ImageUploader1').getUploadFileCount() will throw such exception!

Edited by user Tuesday, November 11, 2008 4:49:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.