Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kooshling  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 8:03:57 AM(UTC)
kooshling

Groups: Member

I am using the ActiveX version of the Image Uploader in a two-pane layout. It seems like the control "remembers" the last directory selected whenever the control is rendered (so if I select the C:\Temp\Images directory in the tree pane, then the next time I create and render the control it will start with that directory as the selected directory).

Is there a way to explictly set the initially selected directory in the tree pane? This would also presume that I can determine what directory is currently selected (which I don't believe is possible), so this might not be a viable option. Alternatively, is there a way to have the initial directory differ by page?

Here is the problem I am trying to solve. I have two separate web pages (ASP.NET) that have the Image Uploader control on them. I would like the last selected directory to be able to be different on the two pages. Here is the behavior I'm seeing (and what I'd like to see):

1. User visits Page1 and selects the C:\Temp\Images folder
2. User visits Page2, which now has C:\Temp\Images folder selected, and selects the C:\MyImages folder
3. User goes back to Page1 and sees C:\MyImages selected (want it to still have C:\Temp\Images selected) and reselects C:\Temp\Images
4. User goes back to Page2 and sees C:\Temp\Images selected (want it to still have C:\MyImages selected) and reselects C:\MyImages
5. Etc.

I've looked through the help file and didn't see any properties or methods that would let me accomplish this. So, if it is not possible, I understand. But I'm hoping I've just missed something or there is some sneaky work-around I've missed.
Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 6, 2008 7:36:31 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

Image Uploader has ImageUploader.GoToFolder Method. It allows you to change currently selected folder from your script. So in your case you need to call ImageUploader.GoToFolder method from fullPageLoad event (see Helper Script Reference (iuembed.js) for reference).

But there is a limitation - you have no way to know from the script what folder the user selects in Image Uploader due to security reasons. It means that you can use this method if you know a name of folder in advance. If not the requested functionality is not supported.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!