Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davidc  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 6:34:32 PM(UTC)
davidc

Groups: Member

Hi, I have an issue with 5.5.6 activeX. I've configured IU to use the 2 pane layout, with the selectall, deselectall and send buttons only available. I want to disable the buttons after a user has clicked the send button.

As it is, the buttons as far as I can make out are still clickable. I'm not sure whether changing the selection mid upload affects upload, but I do know that clicking the send button during an upload brings the page (and indeed ie) to its knees.

The API reference doesn't seem to show a setting for the Uploader to disable buttons during upload. I guess I could add the beforeupload event and do it in there, probably would need to use the afterupload event as well to re-enable the buttons. Trouble is I can't see a way of disabling/enabling buttons. Do i have to set ShowButtons to false in that event to do this, or maybe set the text to "" on each button or something, but this would just hide them completely wouldn't it? I would prefer them to be visible but disabled. I am also using the ImageFormat to use my own images on the buttons, does this have any effect on how I can achieve what I want?

Or perhaps there is a simpler way of doing this that I have missed?

Thanks

Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 8:00:14 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

You are on the correct way. Unfortunately there is no ability to disable/enable the buttons but they do not affect upload list if you have InstantUpload feature disabled. If you want to take control over them you can hide these standard buttons and use custom buttons in HTML. So in this case you will be able to enable/disable them using BeforeUpload/AfterUpload events. This article will help you: Customizing Buttons.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 29, 2008 3:13:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!

davidc  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 7:36:06 PM(UTC)
davidc

Groups: Member

Hi Dmitry, thanks very much for your reply.

We used to use custom buttons and do it that way, but we still wanted the selectall to add the files to the upload list with one click and I think there is now a security restriction on that behaviour now in the latest version. I think that the only way to do that would be to get the private label version, which we didn't want to do now.

As I understand it from the API reference, the InstantUpload functionality is only available on 1 or 3 pane layout and we have 2, so what impact does clicking the selectall and deselectall have on the 2 pane layout, is InstantUpload defaulted to false?

As I said before, clicking the upload/send button while uploading definately seems to bring ie to its knees.

Thanks again for your time

DC

Dmitry  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:21:54 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

There are SelectAll and DeselectAll methods acting in the same manner as buttons but you cannot add files to upload list from sctipt. This functionality is available in private label versions only.

Actually clicking these buttons do not affect upload process. I tried to reproduce your problem with Send button on version 5.5.6 and had no success. It works okay. Please, try the latest version.

EnableInstantUpload property has false as default value.

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!