Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Baldy  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 10:56:57 AM(UTC)
Baldy

Groups: Member

We have a number of users who report browser crashes with the Windows version of Firefox 3.0.1. This is the message we get when we try to replicate by adding about 100 full-res photos (not sure if it's related to the number of photos):

UserPostedImage

If you need info, I can reproduce the crash on my machine anytime. I have a few plug-ins, like DownThemAll!

Here is some info we got from a customer with the problem:

Just wanted to let you know that the current uploader is quite unstable in Firefox Windows 3.0.1 (using Java SE Build 1.6.0_07-b06). I have had about 20 crashes during uploads.

My extensions are pretty normal and I'm using Vista Home Premium. Antivirus software is Avira AntiVir Personal.

Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:58:25 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

What version of Image Uploader do you use (you can find the version number in your script used to embed Image Uploader on your page)?

Did you notice, this problem occures with particular images or randomly? If there are some images that allows to reproduce the problem, could you send me them? You can do it via our suport case system.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
Baldy  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 7:47:54 AM(UTC)
Baldy

Groups: Member

This problem began when we upgraded to this version:

iu.activeXControlVersion = "5,5,1,0";

Our customers seem to be reporting the issue on large batches of uploads rather than specific images. On my machine, I get the crash typically around the 6th or 7th image in a batch. So if the batch is that size or smaller, I'm good and can upload another small batch. But if the batch is larger, I get the crash.

The images we're using are about 3 MB each and about 3100 by 2200 ish (they vary according to the crop).

Not everyone with FF 3.1 on Windows sees this. We have machines that work just fine.

Sorry I don't have better info for you.
Dmitry  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 12:23:30 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

Thank you for the information,

Two days ago we released Image Uploader 5.5.6 which includes some improvements in thumbnail generation mechanism. Could you upgrade to this version and let me know whether the problem still exists?

Edited by user Tuesday, September 16, 2008 12:24:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!