Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
paulmckillop  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 21, 2008 12:26:42 PM(UTC)
paulmckillop

Groups: Member

Hi,

Our clients are trying to find photos to upload that are on a server in their office, but they cannot find the files through ImageUploader. In Windows Explorer, they simply follow the 'My Network Places' folder to select the server, then find the photos folder from there.

The problem is that when they go to 'My Network Places' in the ShellComboBox, or through the 'My Network Places' button we place to the side of the components (and which calls a javascript function to go to the 'My Network Places' folder, they don't see any Network Places in the folder through IU, it is always empty.

Regards,
PAUL.
Eugene Kosmin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:02:57 PM(UTC)
Eugene Kosmin

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Hi Paul,

What is your client’s operation system? And what is the version of Image Uploader you are using?
Best regards,
Eugene Kosmin
The Aurigma Development Team
paulmckillop  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 22, 2008 8:26:09 PM(UTC)
paulmckillop

I have noticed on several clients, can't remember them all, but definitely on Windows XP, SP3. We are running version 5.1.

I'm also using the following fileMask.
iu.addParam("FileMask", "*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.jpe;*.bmp;*.gif;*.png;*.tif;*.tiff;*.psd");

Although I removed this line locally and it still didn't show my Network Places.

Regards,
PAUL.
paulmckillop  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 10:36:15 PM(UTC)
paulmckillop

Any news with this?
Eugene Kosmin  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2008 4:01:53 PM(UTC)
Eugene Kosmin

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the long delay...

I've tested Image Uploader 5.1 on freshly installed WinXP SP3 + IE 6.0 and all network
places were shown normally.

Maybe there are some restrictions in your clients' networks or machines. Do they see network places from windows explorer or other file managers?
Best regards,
Eugene Kosmin
paulmckillop  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2008 6:29:11 PM(UTC)
paulmckillop

Yes, in all instances they are able to view the network places from Windows Explorer. The work around that I have been doing in to set up the network folder as a Mapped Network Drive, then they can find it through My Computer. This is not ideal though, as I need to call them every time to talk them through this and they will be some who won't call us to let us know they have a problem if they don't understand the problem (many clients just access the photos locally on that machine, only some access across a network and we don't know who does).

Just to re-iterate, this was not a problem until we upgraded from version 4 to 5.

On a seemingly related note, one client today has a problem with the Image Uploader freezing and crashing the whole browser when it tries to load. This is the first time I've had this particular issue, and my best guess is that their previous saved last folder was a network location (they said they haven't used it in a few months, so possibly the last time was with version 4, although version 5 now seems to be installed). So my question is, is it possible to automatically edit/remove the saved last folder? I know that the application will alert you if the last saved folder location is not accessible, but I'm wondering if working out if a network folder is still accessible, when it isn't, might take a long time. Is there a cookie or something that stores the last saved folder location?

Regards,
PAUL.
Eugene Kosmin  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2008 8:16:19 PM(UTC)
Eugene Kosmin

You can try to use GoToFolder method from fullPageLoad handler, for example. Actually I’m not sure that it helps.

Code:
<script language="javascript">

function fullPageLoad()
{
	getImageUploader("ImageUploader").GoToFolder("Desktop");
}

var iu = new ImageUploaderWriter("ImageUploader", 800, 400);

iu.fullPageLoadListenerName = "fullPageLoad";

iu.writeHtml();

</script>

Information about last visited folder is stored in HKCU\Software\Aurigma\ImageUploader\Image Uploader 5.0\LastVisitedAsxxx keys, so it cannot be removed automatically through browser, it can be only changed by IU.

Last visited folders for IU 4 and IU 5 are stored in different places, so most likely the cause of crashing is some “special” image in Image Uploader’s starting folder. Now we are working on one such bug, I think it will be resolved by the next release. Maybe it will fix the issue you describing too.

We’ll do additional testing of network places bug and as soon as it will be reproduced we’ll be able to give more info about the fix.
Best regards,
Eugene Kosmin