Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dmitry  
#21 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2009 12:42:29 AM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

Quote:
Incase anyone at Aurigma will care to know...

Thank you very much for your note. We will update texts on our site and sample descriptions shortly.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
Powerinit  
#22 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:44:20 PM(UTC)
Powerinit

Groups: Member

Hello

We are about to move a website from a 32-bit system (Windows Server 2003) to a 64-bit systems (Windows Server 2008 R2). Both 32 and 64-bit version works flawlessly when we browse them. The x64 version of Aurigma GraphicsMill is installed on the 64-bit server and the 64-bit dlls are placed in the websites bin folder.

The problem occurs when we open the 64-bit web site in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition. The website is opened via the file system and the website is located on a mapped network drive. When the site opens, we get the following warning, and the biggest problem is that IntelliSense does not work in aspx.cs files.

Warning 1 V:\Bmc64bit\Modules\JobPositions\History.aspx: ASP.NET runtime error: Could not load file or assembly Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Codecs.AdvancedPsd, Version=5.5.3630.31904, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=af7154c50c505858 or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

We have installed all the required Visual C++ 2005 dependencies locally where we run VWD.

Does anyone have a solution?

/Martin
Tamila  
#23 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 10:04:08 PM(UTC)
Tamila

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello Martin,

You have problem with designer because of Visual Studio is 32-bit application but you try to use 64-bit Graphics Mill. To resolve the problem you need to design your forms with 32-bit Graphics Mill.
After you can change Graphics Mill dlls to 64-bit ones as you did it before.
Aurigma Support Team

Powerinit  
#24 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 11:52:21 PM(UTC)
Powerinit

Thanks Tamila!

Do you recommend that I develop with 32-bit dlls in the bin folder and then change them to 64-bit? Can I assume that it always works and all the functionality and namespaces always are the same. Are there any known bugs in the 64-bit version that not exists in the 32-bit version or vice versa?

Strangely, it works with other 64-bit assemblies such as ABCPdf.NET 7.0 x64 from WebSuperGoo.

Best regards
Martin
Tamila  
#25 Posted : Monday, January 18, 2010 1:09:19 AM(UTC)
Tamila

Martin,

Do not worry, 32 and 64-bit Graphics Mill dll's have the same functionality, namespaces and so on.
Quote:
Are there any known bugs in the 64-bit version that not exists in the 32-bit version or vice versa?

32 and 64-bit Graphics Mill dlls are based on the same code, so all bugs are fixed automatically in both versions.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 19, 2010 1:38:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Aurigma Support Team

dcohn  
#26 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2010 5:34:55 PM(UTC)
dcohn

I am running on Server 2003 R2 in a Virtual Machine under HyperV.

I installed the redistributable with ATL using the link supplied and checked that the files indeed exist.

For Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86):

* x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_[...]_8.0.50727.762_[…];

But I am still getting the errors discussed in this thread.

Would I need to register the GraphicsMill dlls first possibly.?

Server Error in '/' Application.
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x800736b1): This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)]

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Aurigma.GraphicsMill, Version=5.5.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=af7154c50c505858' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)]
System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0
System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +43
System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +127
System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +142
System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +28
System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +46

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'Aurigma.GraphicsMill, Version=5.5.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=af7154c50c505858' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)]
System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +613
System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +203
System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +105
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +178
System.Web.Compilation.WebDirectoryBatchCompiler..ctor(VirtualDirectory vdir) +163
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.BatchCompileWebDirectoryInternal(VirtualDirectory vdir, Boolean ignoreErrors) +53
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.BatchCompileWebDirectory(VirtualDirectory vdir, VirtualPath virtualDir, Boolean ignoreErrors) +175
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) +83
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +261
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +101
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) +126
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) +62
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +33
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +40
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) +160
System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +93
Tamila  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2010 1:52:12 PM(UTC)
Tamila

Hello,

Did you install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package ATL Security Update?
This update is necessary for Graphics Mill 5.5. You can download update here. Please install it and let us know if the problem still appears.
Aurigma Support Team

corlin  
#28 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 9:29:59 PM(UTC)
corlin

Hi,

I am having similar problem as others in this thread.

Quote:
The err:
Could not load file or assembly 'Aurigma.GraphicsMill' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Aurigma.GraphicsMill' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

It is the latest version 5.5.4.0 and its a trial. When testing on my developer machine things are fine - but when moving the project to a server - i get the error. My server is a 2008 server with iis7.

Why is this happening - I need to see it running on my server before purchasing.
corlin  
#29 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 9:40:25 PM(UTC)
corlin

I am using the 32 bit version on 64 bit windows - but I assume thats no issue?
Tamila  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 11:33:01 AM(UTC)
Tamila

Hi corlin,

If you want to run your application in 32-bit (using 32-bit Graphics Mill) with IIS 7 (64-bit by default), you should use 32-bit mode on your server. How to do it you can read here:
HOWTO: Run Graphics Mill on x64 workstations

Also you can run your application in 64-bit. How to do it you can read in the following article:
HOWTO: Deploy web application on 64-bit server

Edited by user Tuesday, May 18, 2010 11:33:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Aurigma Support Team

jchuewel  
#31 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 10:54:04 AM(UTC)
jchuewel

Dear Aurigma Support

After sucessful egvalutation of the trial version I purchased the full version

my system Win7 64bit
Visual Studio 2005 x86 project

I have installed all the updates as mentioned above

I have created the licx file

but I stil get the error once I hace the licx file in my project:

Error 1 'Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Aurigma\Graphics Mill 5.5 for .NET\Binaries\Aurigma.GraphicsMill.dll' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.' C:\Users\jchuewel\Desktop\Development\VS 2005 Projects\PB ImageConverter\ImageConverter\LC PBImageConverter

What can I do to resolve this ?

I ran all the VC

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)

I have no clue what to do,...

Please help

Best regards

Jan
Dmitry  
#32 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 12:58:16 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello Jan,

Could you please open the following folder where Graphics Mill is installed to ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Aurigma\Graphics Mill 5.5 for .NET\VCRedists") and launch redistributable from there? After that reboot your computer and try again.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

jgreen  
#33 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2011 10:00:36 AM(UTC)
jgreen

I just downloaded the eval version. Added a bitmapviewer control to a form and tried to run the project and get the error.

I have the following:
Win 7 64bit
VS 2008 (using VB)
Installed both:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)
(see attached image)

restarted computer and still get same error.

Not sure what else I can do at this point. Any ideas?

jgreen attached the following image(s):
GraphicsMill_Redist1.jpg
GraphicsMill_Redist2.jpg
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#34 Posted : Thursday, September 8, 2011 7:17:08 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello John,

Thanks for trying our software.

Could you please provide me with a complete stack trace of the error you get? Also, please clarify which edition of Graphics Mill assemblies you use (x86 or x64). If you use x86 GM on x64 machine, you should read information on how to run x86 applications based on GM in:
HOWTO: Run Graphics Mill on x64 workstations topic for Web applications;
HOWTO: Deploy x86 Windows application which utilizes Graphics Mill on x64 operating systems for Win ones.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.
jgreen  
#35 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2011 6:50:35 AM(UTC)
jgreen

I uninstalled and reinstalled the 64bit version of Graphics Mill (didn't see that there were two different versions the first time) and installed the VC++ Redist files and then rebooted just to make sure.

I then open my VS 2008 project and try to add the BitmapViewer control. Not listed in the .Net Framework Components tab so I browse to the dll to add it manually and get the "Could not load..." error.

See attached screenshot.

jgreen attached the following image(s):
GraphicsMill_Redist3.jpg
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#36 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2011 10:28:26 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello,

VS 2008 is a 32-bit application which does not support 64-bit assemblies. You get this error since you are trying to add 64-bit GM assemblies to VS 2008 project.

You should use 32-bit Graphics Mill 5 (x86 edition) in your project under VS 2008. Please do not forget to set the Platform target to x86 – pay attention to my previous post. Once you build and debug your project, you will be able to replace the x86 GM assemblies with the x64 ones.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.