Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
detlefhof  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 20, 2004 7:29:00 PM(UTC)
detlefhof

Groups: Member

Hallo,
I’m trying out whether the AVIProcessor library can be used to store an image stack as AVI movie from my imaging program written in LABVIEW. This graphical programming environment allows to use activeX objects. As shown in my attachment the wiring makes no problems: The test routine was intended to create an empty avi file. If executed, an error is produced when assigning a value to the property “frames per second” . If I skip this assignment, the method “CreateNew” produces the same error. Assigning values to the properties “CompressorHandler” and/or “Quality” does not help. Also I do not know where the “parent window” should come from. Another problem will be the format of the picture object. Has somebody ideas or, even better, experience using LABVIEW?
Detlef
Andrew  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2004 1:25:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Frankly speaking I am not familiar to LABVIEW at all. However could you tell more detailed about your problem:

1. Could you post a code snippet which fails?
2. What error message do you get?

> Also I do not know where the “parent window” should come from.

If you used VB, you would used form of your application. I am not sure if something like that is available at LABVIEW, but you can freely skip this parameter.

> Another problem will be the format of the picture object.

If you mean one available through Picture of Frame, it is an object that implements IPicture interface. It is standard interface for representing image in VB and ActiveX-aware languages. In VB you can put the image into standard PictureBox control using this property. If LABVIEW has standard similar control, it is likely you can use it.

Hope this helps.
detlefhof  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 21, 2004 6:41:00 PM(UTC)
detlefhof

Groups: Member

Thanks for your comments. By inspection of some LABVIEW examples I found out that I have to use a function called "Automation Open" in the beginning. Now the test routine creates a (empty) avi file without any error. Now I have to check how images are stored.