Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
daveg  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2008 10:47:27 PM(UTC)
daveg

Groups: Member

Hey everyone,

I have been using imageuploader for a few months and thought it was working fine, but have recently done a big marketing push and brought a large number of new users to the site, mainly uploading new pictures, and have had numerous reports that people are having problems with the image uploader, mainly that it is not loading at all.

I have only been able to recreate the problem on one machine, which is an Apple Mac running the latest version of Firefox. The orange java applet starts to load then it all goes white and nothing else happens. I believe some users are also having problems using Windows Operating systems but i am waiting to hear back from a number of them regarding their system setups. This is critical to us as a number of users are currentlyly being put off due to not being able to upload photos. I have found this on the aurigma blog:

Aurigma blog entry re vista and java version

Could this be a problem with ImageUploader Dual on Vista if someone is using the java version (eg in firefox for example) as i purchased 4.5 dual and have recently upgraded to iu.activeXControlVersion = "4,7,0,0" and iu.javaAppletVersion = "2.7.0.0" as per Tamila''s instructions, which is obviously below version 5.1? Is there a fix offered for this within my license?

Are there any other reasons you can see why people may be having problems with the applet, like the issues i mentioned with the apple mac?

I would really appreciate a response to this asap if possible, as i am currently losing users. I sent an email to Tamila a couple of days ago and haven't heard anything back, so thought i would write a more detailed description on here, i will email her and let her know about this post now.

Thanks very much, once again i very much look forward to hearing from you!

Dave
Eugene Kosmin  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2008 4:42:23 PM(UTC)
Eugene Kosmin

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Hello Dave,

Do you have information about JRE version installed on your client’s machine and what was in Java console when the applet didn’t load?
Best regards,
Eugene Kosmin
The Aurigma Development Team