Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ross Buggins  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2008 6:12:34 PM(UTC)
Ross Buggins

Groups: Member

Hi,

Since upgrading to 5.1.1.0 we're noticing some installation problems client side. Users who have not have a previous version of the client get stuck in a loop.

They get the yellow bar, click install and then it looks as if its installing but then the control does not appear.

If the page is refresh, the processes happens again, yellow bar, click install , nothing ends up happening.

By restarting IE and trying it again, you get a run option instead of install with the dialog box saying the control was previously installed.

The status of the control in C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files, is unknown and says version 0.0.0.1. I've tried redownloading the cab and replacing the version on the server, but still no luck.

Also, if you uninstall client side and try reinstalling it works the first time. This is an issue as I can only reproduce the problem on 'clean' machines.

Any ideas?

Edited by user Wednesday, April 30, 2008 6:25:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ross Buggins  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2008 6:34:47 PM(UTC)
Ross Buggins

Groups: Member

Just solved my own problem - this is what happens if you update the CAB but not the js file.