Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gavphillips  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2008 9:22:16 PM(UTC)
gavphillips

Rank: Member

Groups: Member
Joined: 1/1/2008(UTC)
Posts: 23

Thanks: 1 times
Hi,

I've discovered an error when specifying a watermark to overlay an image when using the image uploader. This only appears to happen since upgrading to the new version 5.1.0.0, it only occurs for Java and seems ok for Active X.

The overlay png file is smaller than the main image it is overlaying and I am trying to position it at the bottom of the main image. However, the final output stretches the overlay watermark across the whole of the image and makes it pixellated.

I've attached the images for you. before.jpg shows the start image, watermark.png is the overlay and after.jpg is the final result

Thanks

Gav

gavphillips attached the following image(s):
before.jpg
watermark.png
after.jpg
Alex Makhov  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2008 7:54:30 PM(UTC)
Alex Makhov

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups:
Joined: 8/3/2003(UTC)
Posts: 998

Hello,

I have tried to do the same on my machine and you can see what I have using Image Uploader 5.1.1.0 currently available on our site at the bottom of this post.

Here are the parameters I used:

Code:

iu.addParam("UploadThumbnail1Watermark", "ImageUrl=http://localhost/iu/watermark.png;ImageWidth=260;"
    +"ImageHeight=72;Position=BottomRight");

What ImageWidth and ImageHeight did you specify? Could you show your code?

Edited by user Sunday, March 30, 2008 7:59:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alex Makhov attached the following image(s):
before.jpg.jpg
Sincerely yours,

Alex Makhov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!

gavphillips  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2008 9:42:50 PM(UTC)
gavphillips

Rank: Member

Groups: Member
Joined: 1/1/2008(UTC)
Posts: 23

Thanks: 1 times
Hi,

Thanks for looking into this. My code was defaulting to a width and height of 400 which was the same size as the main image and not taking the dimensions of the watermark image.

I have now changed my code to pick up the exact dimensions and it works fine. I guess I must have just got away with it on the previous version.

Thanks for your help.

Gav

Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.