Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sonny  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2008 9:36:44 PM(UTC)
sonny

Groups: Member

Hi All,

I will try and expalin this best i can. In the user quota area of the image uploader, when i select an image to be uploaded the file size count increases by the size of the image. So when i finish selecting all my images, for example the file size count will read 5MB. Then when i upload the images it will actually upload 12MB.

I want to understand why that is?

I thought because im taking 1 image and creating 4 different sizes during the upload that the upload size takes that into consideration.

Thanks
Sonny
thanks in advance,
Sonny
Fedor  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 4:57:30 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hello Sonny,

sonny wrote:
I will try and expalin this best i can. In the user quota area of the image uploader, when i select an image to be uploaded the file size count increases by the size of the image. So when i finish selecting all my images, for example the file size count will read 5MB. Then when i upload the images it will actually upload 12MB.

5MB is the size of original files only, but you create also 4 different thumbnails:

sonny wrote:
I thought because im taking 1 image and creating 4 different sizes during the upload that the upload size takes that into consideration.

Thus 12MB is the size of original files and 4 different thumbnails. Unfortunately there is no way to determine the thumbnail size before actual image resizing and JPEG recompression, that's why we show in user quota sample the size of original files only.
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov