Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
confucius  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 6, 2004 8:17:00 PM(UTC)
confucius

Groups: Member

Hi,

I just tried out the V3 RC. A couple of notable points to make:

1. The filesize is huge (623k)! I hope that is because it includes debugging information and will be much smaller in the final release.

2. The file folder is still sorted like Windows Explorer is. When browsing through the folder list, the order is "un-natural" (thus not very user-friendly) since I am trained by Microsoft to find folders in a sorted order.

I'm very pleased by the increase in thumbnail speed! Keep up the awesome work and development speed! I look forward to the final release.

Andrew  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 6, 2004 10:28:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
> 1. The filesize is huge (623k)! I hope that is because it includes debugging information and will be much smaller in the final release.

Unfortunately size was grown up not because of debug information. It is a price of new features - multiple file formats, EXIF thumbnails (fast thumbnailing during browsing images), Unicode languages support, etc. But I believe it won't be a big problem to users. Those users who are sitting at wide-band connection won't notice any difference. As for modem users, being ready to wait a lot while uploading megabytes of photos they should not find it loading too long time...

> 2. The file folder is still sorted like Windows Explorer is. When browsing through the folder list, the order is "un-natural" (thus not very user-friendly) since I am trained by Microsoft to find folders in a sorted order.

Could you tell more detailed about this? What criteria you expect to have it sorted and what you get? Please also submit case with screenshot.

> I'm very pleased by the increase in thumbnail speed! Keep up the awesome work and development speed! I look forward to the final release.

It seems we have fixed all the major bugs and final release will be available in the nearest time...

Edited by user Friday, May 23, 2008 3:52:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified